Product Development Director
The Product team at TravelClick is in charge of creating best in class SAAS products and meeting the changing demands of the marketplace. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced product leader to help us continue to grow. The Director of Product Development will lead our global team responsible for creating and delivering TravelClick’s customer and consumer facing applications.
Our ideal candidate will have had extensive experience working with product and development teams. The Director will be responsible for driving the product development and must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. This leader will help build and grow our organization.
You will be responsible for driving quality and enabling technical innovation. You will build talent and develop leaders, manage evolving / complex demands including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams.
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices.
Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
- Drives our software engineering methodology and innovation
- Drives product design, project management and quality assurance best practices
- Actively participate in reviewing and authoring business analysis and functional specifications
- Implement efficient processes, scalable tools, and resource allocation to achieve a high level of productivity
- Conduct strategic technical planning for product development
- Resolve tactical issues to ensure effective and efficient project management and product development processes
- Actively cultivate a collaborative, high-performance environment to grow the team’s development capabilities
- Oversee software requirement analysis, architecture and design and development.
- Manage the design, functional and technical documentation on projects
- Oversees the ongoing maintenance and support for all TravelClick product areas
- Defines team goals for systems performance, and manages ongoing analysis, tuning, and measurement of software applications
- Responsible for work effort estimation for software development projects, and on-time and on budget delivery of project commitments
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Consulting or Strategy.
- Confident leader with relentless focus on results and outcomes, ability to develop a vision and strategy, influence leadership to support that vision and execute that vision.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills and proven ability to mobilize resources, as well as inspire and lead across distributed and cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to consume complex information develop recommendations, and secure resources needed to achieve business results. Conversely, ability to work with resources at hand, and prioritize highest impact programs to achieve results.
- Tenacity, determination and desire to win.
- Experience working in a sales force driven, client facing organization is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus, but not required.
Back to top