We are looking for a top caliber Network Engineer to join our Technology Operations team. This position will be responsible for assisting the team in support of scalable enterprise network designs, solutions, policies, and recommendations in partnership with the Travelclick Infrastructure Architecture group. The right individual will also play a key role in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending both network tools and emerging network technologies.
- Maintains Travelclick’s global data and voice network architecture. Monitors uptime availability, capacity and performance to meet and exceed our business Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Support fault tolerant and highly available networks providing 99.999% uptime.
- Support and management of the Internet/WAN/LAN/WLAN, Voice and Network Security supporting all data centers and corporate offices.
- Responsible for ensuring that our Network/Systems security guidelines adhere to CISP and PCI compliance standards.
- Conducts periodic security audits, risk assessments, penetration and high availability testing across all Travelclick sites and datacenters.
- Responsible for Change Management and Incident Management for Network infrastructure.
- Provide project oversight and technical leadership in satisfying implementation milestones.
- Establish requirements, perform needs assessments and proposal development.
- Maintain overall inventory of network devices to allow for tracking of service dependencies, maintenance contracts and device service life.
- Develop inventory of network circuits, maintain provider relationships, establish escalation process and manage overall terms and costs.
- Work rotational shifts and occasional change windows during evenings and weekends.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with:
- Network and security design, implementation and support in 24/7/365 environments running multi-tiered applications.
- Service provider or enterprise class Cisco routers (ASR100x/39xx/29xx), and switches (Nexus 5000/6509E/3750/3560/2900).
- Service provider or enterprise class network firewalls (Cisco ASAs, Juniper or Checkpoint).
- BGP, EIGRP, OSPF & HSRP protocols.
- SVI, STP/PVST, Port Channels, and Ether Channels.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with:
o F5, application Load balancers – LTMs (SLB).
o Cisco, Shoretel, Interactive Intelligence, or Fonality VoIP PBX systems.
o Network management systems – Solarwinds, Orion, Ciscoworks, HP Openview etc.
o Network management tools – Cacti, MRTG, Rancid etc.
- Experience with Sourcefire, Juniper, or Cisco IPS/IDS security information and event management systems, vulnerability scanners, AAA, RADIUS/TACACS+.
- Experience working in high availability, high transactional, E-commerce or similar environments.
- Operational experience with security issues and access control mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access.
- Experience with network scanning or capture tools such as Nessus, Retina, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with multicast, anycast.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals including IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience with firewall/router/IPS log analysis.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (network device (L2/L3/L4) and systems level).
- Thorough understanding of network security aspects, common problems and solutions (ACLs, firewall filtering, IPSec VPN tunnels and Remote access IPSEC/SSL VPNs).
- Thorough understanding of DNS, and DHCP.
- Experience with standard network change management and configuration policies.
- Thorough understanding of Quality of Service in a Cisco L2/L3 environment.
- Experienced with the design and implementation of video over IP conferencing systems – Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize.
- Cisco ASR, Nexus, UCS product line. (Preferred)
- Cisco Wireless Controllers and Aeronet Access points, Wireless Control System. (Preferred)
- Scripting in Perl/Bash.
- Experience with Operating Systems- Linux, UNIX, and Windows etc.
- Strong attention to detail and process.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and deliver timely resolutions.
- Self-starter with the ability to see projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development.
- Dependable, flexible and willing to work in a 24/7 environment (Rotational Shifts).
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Networking Certifications: CCIE, CCNP, or CCSP (Preferred)
Back to top