Manager, PMO Contract
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices. Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
The Program Manager will be in charge of overseeing multiple projects within the TravelClick Reservations platform. This includes, but is not limited to, project planning, estimating, execution, implementation, and ongoing support, based on the Agile SCRUM methodology.
The TravelClick Program Manager works closely with our engineering, QA, TechOps and product teams to guide projects and initiatives from conception to launch. As a Program Manager, you will be part of shaping the overall technology product direction, timelines, and budget.
The primary focus of this role is to oversee the full Portfolio and Program Management lifecycle for the implementation of strategic initiatives for our hospitality industry client base within an agency environment. The Program Manager must function as an effective liaison between the various internal departments providing web services, eCommerce solutions, website builds and business intelligence services, as well as the Account Management team member they are working with.
The Program Manager will work directly with an Account Director and is responsible for ensuring implementation of projects following established company guidelines, monitoring progress and timelines to ensure effective project completion, lead overall project management for assigned accounts, monitor quality assurance, provide written and verbal communications regarding project status, and analyze risk/issues, among other things.
- Define and translate sold scope of work into a Project Schedule (work plan) and manage completion of activities by a cross-functional team (technology, creative, SEO, copywriting, PPC, etc.)
- Communicate Project Management standards and best practices
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters
- Ensure project resources are in place as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
- Serve as a liaison between the account management team and the technical teams for effective management of project work efforts
- Report status to internal and client stakeholders and communicate effectively to manage expectations about status, risks, challenges, and accomplishments
- Ensure appropriate resources are assigned appropriate project activities
- Identify and evaluate lessons learned during project
- Manage multiple projects and internal responsibilities simultaneously
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience managing and delivering software based projects required
- Experience with Portfolio and Program management required
- Experience with PMI-style Project Management methodology required
- Experience with at least one Portfolio and Program Management tool (JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.) required.
- Exceptional relationship management and Project Management skills required; strong negotiating skills and escalation management
- Understanding of business processes and information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to gather and interpret business needs and translate them into required project documentation
- Detail oriented and meticulous work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously with ease
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project/Business Management, or similar required
- 3-5 years applicable experience in a PMO role or organization required
- Project & Program Management designations/certification preferred
Back to top