Java Software Developer
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices. Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
Do you want to work on SaaS software products that lead an industry and that support nearly one billion transactions a month? Are you an expert coder who wants to show what you're made of and learn from an exceptional team along the way? Do you have experience with or interest in high volume, low latency, realtime systems? If so, read on, and we'd love to hear from you!
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at TravelClick, you must be comfortable working on multiple and various systems. You must be able to demonstrate expertise and passion that sets you apart from others. To be an ideal candidate, you must understand data structures, communications, fault tolerance, and other key software engineering concepts. You will apply these concepts to specific and challenging problems we face as we rebuild a significant portion of our stack to support our rapid growth strategy. And you need to have fun while doing all of this!
You will partner with various people to create mind blowing solutions: other TravelClick engineers, vendor partners, product management team. We are an agile shop and are constantly looking at ways to eliminate bureaucracy and optimize personal and collective performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience (including internships) in core Java development (especially for real time high volume systems)
- Demonstrated Software Development Lead experience working closely with business stakeholders to define and execute requirements
- Knowledge of databases and data structures, Oracle DB related development experience preferred
- Experience with open source, Linux (transactional base or service bus experience)
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum Environments
- Strong knowledge of design patterns (required)
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (CVS, ClearCase, Subversion)
- Experience with JQuery Mobile, Backbone, Underscore (preferred)
- YUI, Google Analytics (including Reporting API) (nice to have)
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to lead and coach the most out of developers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Past experience with leading software developers (required)
- Inquisitive and probing in dealing with business analysts and product managers
Education: Minimum BS degree in engineering, science or math-related fields. Masters degree preferred.
Meet Some of TravelClick's Employees
Product Manager, Reservations Solutions
Lauren oversees the product development of TravelClick’s user-facing software platforms, monitoring tech trends to push for industry innovation and strategy for satisfied clients.
Back to top