IT Solutions Architect - Contract
TravelClick offers world-class reservations solutions, business intelligence products and comprehensive internet marketing solutions to 38,000 hotel clients in over 160 countries globally, with 1000+ employees operating out of offices in New York, Barcelona, Melbourne, Singapore, Chicago, Atlanta and Orlando. We help our clients generate revenue and build their brands by providing the tools to make better business decisions, generate demand from the right mix of distribution channels and convert more shoppers into high-value guests.
Our award-winning web solutions business provides hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 360 website design awards since 2007 including the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and HSMAI Adrian Awards.
The Business Architect contributes to the overall business process analysis, design and analysis of major initiatives at TraveClick. This is a unique opportunity to lead very visible and impacting implementations of customer-facing capabilities. The Business Architect will oversee the business process engineering, deliverables, and will contribute heavily to the overall development, implementation and assessment of projects that are in the strategic investment portfolio.
- Collaborate across all departments to develop goals towards delivering solutions that balance business strategy with technology innovation and capabilities
- Work on needs of potential clients and ensure business process can meet requirements
- Analyze, define and implement end to end processes that deliver value to the stakeholders
- Identify gaps in existing business capabilities and work with leadership team to prioritize and address them
- Partner with business and technical SMEs to assess business needs, define priorities and evaluate options, risks and benefits for recommended solutions
- Decompose business programs into actionable activities and validate business goals
- Partner with the application architects on definition of architecture solutions and application development
- Evaluate and anticipate impact of business and technical solutions on related projects and existing or future architecture
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred , in computer science, information management or a relevant discipline
- At least 10 years experience designing and implementing outstanding technology systems and applications
- Experienced in working with business leaders and managers to define applications changes, negotiate priorities and implementation dates, agree on service level standards, and ‘partner’ for success
- Strong Situational and Analytics skills
- Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected artifacts, recognize interdependencies and redundancies.
- Knowledge of advanced techniques, standard tools for business architecture modelling
- Experience in leading and/or participating in Joint Application Design (JAD) session with business customers, business analysts, and DBAs in order to derive data requirements and data design information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively within a team
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively across the organization toward the specific objectives of a particular business or IT domain
- Extensive knowledge of both large and small scale system development
- Experience in delivering successful systems within a variety of business sectors (travel domain experience a big plus)
- Dynamic leader with proven ability build grow and motivate teams and strong track record of acquiring and retaining top talent
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
Back to top