IT Operations Intern (Spring and/or Summer 2017)
Technology intersects with nearly all business arenas and industries. Hospitality is no exception! We are hotel experts dedicated to providing software solutions for hoteliers. Our 30+ cloud and web-based products aim to generate income for over 38,000 hotels of all types and sizes. Our services increase hotels’ reservations, drive website traffic, help our clients better understand their markets and build stronger brands. We are a one stop shop for reservations services, websites, digital media, business intelligence and much more!
As an intern in IT Operations, your projects would support Application Engineering and DevOPS with a focus on automation. Ideal candidates would have knowledge in Unix/ Linux/ OS, Web Services Technologies/ and scripting. This internship will be based in TravelClick’s Orlando location.
- Provide on-going operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning for all end-user systems.
- Build new systems (laptop and desktop).
- Supporting Smartphones: configuration support, synchronization support.
- Network with cross-functional teams to leverage best practices.
- Assist customers with identifying and specifying hardware and software needs to address business requirements, aligning with IT standards where possible.
- Knowledge of server hardware, software installation and maintenance, in coordination with Corporate IT
Functions (server / ops):
- Frontline break/fix support for applications delivered via SaaS
- Action infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate issues
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Configure and maintain virtual Linux environments
- Create dashboards and searches of machine data analytics to improve visibility and uptime.
- Seeking Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field / technical certification(s) a plus
- Experience with Unix/ Linux OS
- Knowledge of networking technologies, protocols, and topologies is ideal
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Ruby, Python, or Java) is ideal
- Ability to learn major web application stacks and technologies
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Back to top