Director Product Development
Director of Product Development
The Product team at TravelClick is in charge of creating best in class products and meeting the changing demands of the marketplace. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced product leader to help us continue to grow. The Director of Product Development will lead our global team responsible for creating and delivering TravelClick’s customer-facing applications.
Our ideal candidate will have had extensive experience working with product, development and operations teams. This role has two main points of focus: First, this candidate will be responsible for documenting existing operational processes and identifying areas to improve efficiency through redesign and implementing new technologies. In addition, this candidate will be responsible for leading a team to build a redesigned customer-facing portal to facilitate customer interaction with their TravelClick products. The Director will be responsible for driving the product development and must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering.
- Lead cross-functional teams to revamp processes and build new customer-facing platforms
- Document existing processes and inventory existing customer touchpoints
- Actively participate in reviewing and authoring business analysis and functional specifications
- Manage the design and functional documentation on technology projects
- Drive our software engineering methodology and innovation
- Implement efficient processes, scalable tools, and resource allocation to achieve a high level of productivity
- Resolve tactical issues to ensure effective and efficient project management and product development processes
- Actively cultivate a collaborative, high-performance environment to grow the team’s development capabilities
- Responsible for work effort estimation for software development projects, and on-time and on budget delivery of project commitments
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-10 years experience in Product Development, Product Management, Consulting, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with User Experience, Product, Operations and Technology teams
- Confident leader with relentless focus on results and outcomes, ability to develop a vision and strategy, influence leadership to support that vision and execute that vision
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills and proven ability to mobilize resources, as well as inspire and lead across distributed and cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to consume complex information develop recommendations, and secure resources needed to achieve business results. Conversely, ability to work with resources at hand, and prioritize highest impact programs to achieve results.
- Tenacity, determination and desire to win
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus, but not required.
Back to top