Director Application Development – Sales and Finance
Director, Application Development - Sales and Finance
The Director, Application Development - Sales and Finance is responsible for leading the planning and development of feature enhancements to TravelClick Sales and Finance Systems. This role includes setting and maintaining development processes, strategies and standards. This position is also accountable for coordinating prioritization and planning with the Business to ensure the team is focused on the enhancements that will drive the most business value.
This Director provides leadership to a team of Engineers, and oversees the participation of these engineers on individual projects. This role requires skills in leadership, planning, coaching, and the technical subject matter expertise necessary to operate TravelClick’s Quote to Cash Platforms. Skills include technical competencies in SalesForce.com, Oracle Finance, distributed computing, compliance, systems development, planning and budgeting. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with business partners, vendors and other IT teams.
Candidates for this position must be able to:
- actively participate in business discussions on strategy and process.
- collaborate with the business to ensure clarity on project scope, deliverables, schedule and budget
- apply technology as appropriate to achieve business objectives in a forward looking manner.
• Partner with the business to ensure TravelClick is making effective use of technology to achieve business goals.
• Actively contribute to business planning discussions, specifically concerning Quote to Cash business processes.
• Providing technical and organizational leadership in the development of the TravelClick Sales and Finance systems.
• Ability to lead a team in through the problem determination process while under duress, and judge the merits of the technical approach/recommendations of the team.
• Oversee the implementation of application development processes and best practices.
• Providing organizational leadership to the development team including technology, process, planning, and budget management responsibilities.
• Keeping abreast of developing and emerging technologies and strategies for platforms utilized by TravelClick.
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with strategic vendors
• Creating and maintaining an environment that encourages skill growth, teamwork, and a high level of engagement
• Creating a team that can affectively assist the business in leveraging technologies to provide business value.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline
• Extensive experience in an Information Technology role (minimum 10 years).
• 5+ years of experience leading development organization.
o Experience with SalesForce.com
o Experience with Oracle Financials
o Experience with business processes associated with Quote to Cash.
• Experience operating/sustaining the technology that supports the end to end Quote to Cash process.
• Ability to analyze available facts and make priority decisions based on an understanding of the business goals and drivers.
• Experience enhancing package solutions in a manner that promotes compatibility with new versions without requiring large upgrade projects.
• Personal experience leading the successful design and delivery of multiple enterprise-wide application development projects involving packaged technologies including systems integration.
• 5+ years of experience in application architecture, technical architecture and information architecture, including specifically:
o Systems integration architecture
o Extensive experience with package system implementation and interoperability.
o Experience in software development in an RDBMS environment.
• Ability to analyze and learn rapidly changing technologies
• Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively
• Proven leadership and people management skills (minimum 5 years), including:
o Demonstrated leadership including the ability to grow and develop other people.
o Demonstrated ability to manage small high performing teams
o Ability to plan the appropriate resources, and lead the project execution to ensure timely completion or projects
o Ability to manage multiple initiatives, including budget responsibility
o Ability to size, scope and prioritize opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with IT leadership teams, and with the ability to build coalitions across the IT and business organizational matrix
• Ability to identify process improvements and develop and present a business case.
Meet Some of TravelClick's Employees
Product Manager, Reservations Solutions
Lauren oversees the product development of TravelClick’s user-facing software platforms, monitoring tech trends to push for industry innovation and strategy for satisfied clients.
Back to top