Digital Media Strategist
You’re a digital media Jedi. And you can prove it. You have:
- Excellent paid search skills [legit, hands on, SEM wizardry skills – not just theory]. You have direct experience building out and optimizing complex, high-spend, direct response accounts/campaigns. You can translate KPIs to strategy/tactics – and deliver on them. It’s possible that you’ve found ways to modify SEM best practices and apply them to your own life. Rumor has it that you once woke up from a dream where you were falling down the consumer purchase funnel. Either way, you can walk the walk. Paid search is your master skill.
- The level of digital media knowledge that translates to confidence, but not cockiness. In other words, you really understand what you are talking about. You can communicate strategy, tactics [and know the difference between the two], concepts and performance to clients and internal stakeholders, clearly. You can take the complex and boil it down to digestible pieces of information that trigger action. You can also go toe-to-toe with the savviest of digital marketers and defend your decisions and recommendations. Understanding your audience is critical . . . but you already know that.
- A manager’s mindset. The idea of passing down knowledge to a team of analysts excites you. You’re not interested in telling people what to do. You ARE all about developing the next you [while you are becoming you 3.0]. You’ll be partnering with and mentoring a team of analysts and senior analysts. Smart young pros that will directly benefit from your tutelage and mentorship. You understand what it takes to build relationships – the kind that balance friendship and respect with the right amount of professionalism. The kind that cultivate growth, motivation, and loyalty, with the right amount of fun.
- A career mindset. This role isn’t your end game. Good. We have plans for you. Show us what you can do and make good on the above. As a Digital Media Strategist your individual contributions will have a high degree of business impact. Your hard work won’t go unnoticed and it will be rewarded.
You read the official blurb up top. All true. Bottom line, as part of the TravelClick US Enterprise Media team you will be driving revenue for some of the most well established hotel brands in the world. Our primary goal? To cut through the online clutter, identify and reach the most qualified audiences, and turn them into the most profitable bookings possible for our clients. It’s a straightforward goal, but one that requires major expertise [and technology].
- Reporting (Client deliverables, Ongoing Monitoring Report)
- Reallocation of cross-channel budgets
- Ensure best practices are implemented
- Pre/Post analysis of optimization
- Client communication for tier 2 accounts
- Work closely with sales and account management
- Review optimization recommendations submitted by Media Analysts
- Up/Cross-sell: learn to pitch new products to existing clients and work with the on-boarding team to ensure accounts are launched in a timely manner
- Onboarding: Design and launch paid search and display campaigns
- Media Planning: Build holistic digital marketing plans for existing and prospective clients
- Collaborate with Campaign Management and Media Analysts on QBR activities
- Delegate work load to Sr. Media and Media Analysts
- Recommendations for analysis and optimization
- QBR data
- Audits (manage reports and ensure that associates are properly managing KPIs)
- Ensure campaigns are running and implemented properly
- ROAS/Performance goals
- Campaign management proficiency across all channels
- Client facing etiquette and interaction
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 2 years experience directly managing paid search campaigns
- Display advertising experience is a plus [experience working with ADX, DFA/DCM and/or DBM, an even bigger plus].
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to upfront media strategies
- Thorough understanding of direct response marketing in the digital age; media planning
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Proficient in MS Office, with an expertise in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Google Adwords Certified
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
Back to top