TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices.
Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
This position is a key leader in the design and management of transactional databases and data warehouses and the processes required to maintain and update those databases. The candidate will work closely with different functional areas within TRAVELCLICK, including Product Management, Engineering, Architecture and Operations.
- Drive the database design for major enhancements to our reservations platform.
- Architect a performance-centric approach to database management, data processing and reporting.
- Ensure that all of the databases that drive reservations applications are architected and integrated as a cohesive unit and that proper documentation, source control and change management processes are adhered to.
- Hands-on experience with large, transactional databases (Oracle 11g or 12c).
- Expert level understanding of relational database concepts and database architecture and design.
- Expert-level understanding of physical aspects of database design, including tradeoffs for maximum performance.
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools.
- Strong SQL skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in database design and architecture. Large scale transaction processing a big plu
- Detail oriented, well organized, and the ability to multi-task in a results-oriented business environment.
- Must be flexible, capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do whatever it takes to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong written skills including design and process documentation are required.
- Comfortable working in an informal, entrepreneurial-type environment.
- Comfortable with manger not being on-site.
- Willing to take on moderate travel
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Back to top