Business Analyst, Technology - Contract
The Business Analyst will work with Technology Teams to understand the problems facing the business and the vision for technology projects. This position is located in our Orlando Office. Candidate will be an integral part of a scrum team collaborating with business stakeholders, developers, architects, and test analysts to develop business requirements and assist in the creation of user stories to be used to develop solutions. Understands that the functionality of delivered software is the key artifact and guides the team to that goal. Takes pride in being a subject matter expert for their product line.
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices.
Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
Author business requirements and support software development during the full development cycle, including:
- Client meetings to define business requirements and evaluation of system usage
- Work closely with development on functional design and usability of design ensuring the adherence to requirements through build o Work closely with testing (QA) department on test case review to insure business cases are covered during the quality control process o Work with service and delivery teams including Account Management, Training, Implementations, and Customer Care to ensure readiness to support new product developments o Conduct periodic review of all product materials (User Guides, course materials)
- Maintain expert level of knowledge on selected TravelClick products to be an expert resource for internal and external clients
- Analyze performance data to identify improvement opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of new releases and acquire feedback on clients regarding progress and product acceptance
- Support client documentation updates as needed
- Maintain knowledge of all interfaces to identify the impact of changes to the internal and client audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience with recent experience in the Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Industry preferrably within Reservation Systems.
- Proven ability to manage large projects with multiple project tracks & global teams and the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication skills, internally & externally, with ability to be the communication bridge between business and technical teams
- Demonstrates very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and thorough, and have extremely high regard for quality control
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Ability to accommodate change and adapt accordingly
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Effective time management skills are required
- Experience in Hospitality or a similar industry is REQUIRED
Back to top