Business Analyst, Reservation Solutions
The Business Analyst will work with Technology Teams to understand the problems facing the business and the vision for technology projects. Candidate will be an integral part of a scrum team collaborating with business stakeholders, developers, architects, and test analysts to develop business requirements and assist in the creation of user stories to be used to develop solutions. Understands that the functionality of delivered software is the key artifact and guides the team to that goal. Takes pride in being a subject matter expert for their product line.
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices.
Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
- Gathering of business requirements and filtering them down into a single product backlog.
- Creating mock-ups and prototypes to assist with having stakeholder engagement
- Applying knowledge and understanding of the product and the process in assisting operations with developing process materials for new features.
- Ensures solutions meet customer or end user needs.
- Developing and updating of the knowledgebase
- Daily representation of the customer or end user in the scrum team to clarify questions on backlog item
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly; work independently with little guidance; multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to comfortably work in an iterative/collaborative environment
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture solution and then craft requirements into actionable use cases, epics, and user stories
- Ideal Business Analyst candidates with have strong experience writing user stories, documenting artifacts, building process flows, and workflows
- Successful Business Analysts at TravelClick have the ability to negotiate with both internal business partners as well as clients.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be effective in a growing and dynamic organization
- Takes initiative and assumes responsibility
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- 2+ years of Business Analysis experience
- 1+ year experience with the Product Owner role in Scrum methodology
- Experience in User Interface design and prototyping
- Certified Agile Product Owner (beneficial)
- Familiarity with Digital Media industry terminology (beneficial)
- Familiarity with travel and hospitality industry terminology (beneficial)
Back to top