Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer role is responsible for the implementation, management and maintenance of TravelClick customer facing applications located within TravelClick’s data centers. Key technologies include Jboss; Tomcat; Fiorano Messaging; Oracle; MS SQL and multiple web technologies. The Application Engineer must be able to provide expert and prompt technology operations support in a high energy, fast paced environment.
The Application Support Engineer will be bright, motivated, detailed orientated and willing to go the extra mile to ensure a good results for our customers. This is a great opportunity in technology operations at a growing firm with opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
- Manage technical projects from conception to completion.
- Assist NOC during crisis calls and production escalations.
- Resolve application and system outages.
- Assist with application release deployments.
- Analyze and interpret application logs to determine problem areas.
- Communicate production issues to designated internal groups in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain and enhance current application and device monitoring systems.
- Evaluates system performance statistics including job execution and system response times.
- Develop and implement operational processes for critical applications.
- Evaluate and implement best practices for all critical systems and applications.
- Ability to prioritize, diagnose and independently fix issues.
- Ability to articulate and maintain attention to technical details.
- Ability to follow through and document issues to resolution.
- Must be willing work in a 24x7x365 environment. This will include a 24/7 shared on-call schedule.
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux and Windows operating systems, including knowledge of basic system administration tasks.
• Experience with web technologies and troubleshooting required.
• Experience with DNS troubleshooting required.
• Experience with application and device monitoring and alerting systems required. Nagios experience is a plus.
• Experience with log analysis. Experience with Splunk or LogStash and Kibana is a plus.
• Solid understanding of network technology concepts and usage.
• Basic knowledge of PL/SQL and performing database queries is a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux shell scripting required.
• Knowledge of job scheduling and performance monitoring.
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and problem resolution skills.
• Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues.
Minimum Education / Experience:
• BA or BS degree. Will accept equivalent related work experience for the right candidate.
Meet Some of TravelClick's Employees
Product Manager, Reservations Solutions
Lauren oversees the product development of TravelClick’s user-facing software platforms, monitoring tech trends to push for industry innovation and strategy for satisfied clients.
Back to top