Application Architect - Contract
The Enterprise Application Architect contributes to the technical strategy, architecture patterns and design and coding standards for applications, both customer-facing and internal. The application architect is a thought leader and helps set direction at the enterprise level coordinating with the greater enterprise architecture team and representing application architecture in related architecture activities.
TravelClick is the leading global provider of data, ecommerce and internet solutions to the hospitality industry. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick has a presence in North America, Barcelona, Singapore and Melbourne. The diversity of our teams’ work experience and global perspective spans all offices.
Our award-winning business solutions provide hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 200 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
Specifically, the Enterprise Application Architect will:
- Collaboratively develop the application architecture for TravelCLICK through definition of architecture solutions, patterns, and strategy as well as technology trends, technology standards, and application development
- Collaboratively work to define and refine a set of architecture principles by which TravelCLICK IT defines and measures performance, efficiency and activities.
- Collaboratively work within a defined IT governance process and work to refine and improve that process
- Help develop and analyze a high-level representation of the current state of the application architecture at TravelCLICK
- Develop a gap analysis for the application architecture at the TravelCLICK
- Develop and recommend a future state for application architecture at TravelCLICK that is aligned with business needs and strategy
- Propose an implementation plan towards moving from current application architecture towards the future state
- Evaluate and anticipate impact of technical solutions on related projects and existing or future architecture
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving technical projects and designs for any new application development and ensure adherence to strategic direction
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree (BA/BS or better) in computer science, information management or a relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years experience designing and implementing outstanding technology systems and applications.
- Project management experience, a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in systems modeling and design, software modeling and design, and software development
- Proven experience in developing application architectures as part of the overall enterprise architecture.
Back to top