Year Round Tax Internship
What You'll Bring:
- Able to work 20hr/week during the school year
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Prior internship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Aptitude to work independently to drive specific deliverables
- Impeccable attention to detail
Impact You'll Make:
- Assist with various tax compliance including preparation of state income/franchise tax returns and supporting allocation and apportionment workpapers, U.S. federal income tax returns and foreign forms 5471, 8865 and 1118 as well as Canada and Puerto Rico filings
- Assist with various quarterly ASC 740 accounting for income tax requests such as setting up electronic file folders, reconciling earnings before tax, preparing book to tax differences, documenting Sarbanes Oxley processes, etc.
- Assist with Special Projects, including but not limited to research and analysis in connection with tax legislation changes, government tax audits, tax software implementation projects, etc.
- Work closely with management and the team to learn about reporting, financial analysis, presentations, etc.
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation - we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You Need to Know:
- This is a paid 12-week summer internship.
- Our Internship Program start dates are determined by your academic calendar! If on Semester system, your internship begins May 27th, 2020. If on Quarter system, your internship begins June 15th, 2020.
- In 2018, we welcomed 95 interns from across the country and hired or extended over 40% of them. We recognize and reward hard work by giving our interns a chance to build their careers at TU.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Back to top