What we'll bring:
• A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Dynamics of the role:
• TransUnion has an immediate need for a Windows Engineer to join their dev/ops team in Chennai, India, traveling the globe working with the Decision Services global business unit. The team will deliver the highest-quality automated, sustainable environments. They will audit existing deployments against our standard; develop and execute remediation plans. They will implement new deployments on TU premises, at a managed service provider or in the cloud. This position will be a permanent, full-time role.
What you'll bring:
• Ability to collaborate with the cross-discipline team to identify and resolve problems
• 'Systems thinking' to understand the full service landscape
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows Clustering and IIS in support of a web facing, revenue generating, OLTP system
• Knowledge and experience supporting MSSQL on windows clusters.
• Deep experience with PowerShell / PowerCLI and DSC. Experience with other orchestration / automation a plus.
• Experience creating dashboards to understand performance of the system.
• Experience automating regular maintence tasks.
• Knowledge and experience in VMware.
• Responsibility for upgrades, performance monitoring, installations, managing data replication, diagnosing system problems, disaster recovery testing and maintaining user accessibility.
• Knowledge regarding cloud transformation.
• Desire to become the global subject matter expert for all things windows: operating systems, clusters, IIS,
• Act as a technical resource for the IT application teams.
• Act as a mentor to other team members
• Participate in longer term roadmap planning
• Manage monthly capacity management process
• Displays sound business acumen
We'd love to see:
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
• Minimum of 3 years of systems thinking. Demonstrating end to end understanding of customers' value stream. This is illustrated by an ability to articulate the surrounding functions and the interdependencies that make up the full system while maintaining a deep knowledge of your specialty.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the design and administration of windows and windows cluster environments in support of MSSQL
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the design and administration of IIS, revenue generating environments.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with PowerShell / Power CLI / DSC
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with VMWare administration
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with monitoring of complete systems. Splunk experience a major plus.
• Solid experience in performance tuning IIS with high transactional volumes
• Demonstrated experience automating windows administration tasks
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Experience in cloud migration of a .NET / MSSQL application a plus.
• Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes
• Experience designing, implementing, tuning and maintaining Microsoft Clusters in support of SQL Availability Groups for highly available OLTP and OLAP systems
• Ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff
• Good communication skills and must work well in a team environment
Impact you'll make:
• In the first 90 days:
o Join a team capable of turn-key global service delivery experts. To include infrastructure (At TU, at a managed service provider or in the cloud) and application.
o Understand the application and its dependencies on IIS and Windows; become the global expert.
o Develop script to assess and automate application specific IIS configurations.
o Deliver your first team assignment: either 'audit and remediate to standard' or new deployment.
• Beyond 90 days:
o Work as part of agile team to execute a cadence of global delivery.
o Turn over the first deployment (or remediation) to support
o Insure consistent monitoring and alerting of the full business service.
o Maintain a cadence of remediation and implementation
o Effectively assess operational and architectural inefficiencies and create remediation plans.
o Design future automation for the sustainability of the environment.
• This role is an important part of the Decision Service which is a critical entryway for sticky revenue. You will play an integral part in the delivery of timely high-quality services to our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top