Web Engineering Team Lead
This role is for a web engineering team lead that will operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion. Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following technology areas:
- Technical Team Leadership
- Agile (Scrum) SDLC
- Full-Stack Web Application Development
- Systems Engineering ("DevOps")
How You'll Contribute
- Build and lead Agile team(s) building front-end applications and services that support the Analytics platforms of TransUnion
- Deploy and Implement leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Design and Develop tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
- Assist in technology innovation activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping
- Train, coach and support users on environment, tools, data and services
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of systems
What You'll Bring
- Seven or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession
- Two or more years of hands-on experience leading technical teams and coaching resources
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Proficiency with Relational Databases and database design
- Experience working on teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and a passion for automation and system quality
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms (AWS Preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top