VP, Financial Services Research & Consulting
Dynamics of the Role
This high-profile position leads the U.S. Financial Services Research and Consulting (FSRC) team. The incumbent will lead the development and execution of the ongoing strategic plan for driving thought leadership through an innovative research agenda, effective deployment of insights into the sales process, and in general elevating the effectiveness and contribution of the U.S. FSRC team. The incumbent will drive research and analysis projects around complex market dynamics, evaluate those dynamics and their impact on customer needs, and translate that insight into actionable strategies. The incumbent will assist the Sales Team in presenting advanced concepts to customers, and in exploring customer challenges across products/business units/functions. The incumbent serves as a product, industry and business process expert for the sales force and for customers. Finally, the incumbent acts as a mentor, role model and coach for FSRC team members both domestically and internationally.
The Team's Focus
The FSRC team drives the perception in the marketplace of TransUnion as an authority on lending dynamics and a trusted thought leader. The team publishes research-driven insights into consumer credit behaviors and provides guidance to lenders on how to respond effectively to market forces, emerging trends, new and existing threats and opportunities. The FSRC team supports product development through the contribution of market insights. The team also works to elevate the median market fluency of the sales force to drive higher-level, more sophisticated conversations with clients across the spectrum of lender product classes, size and analytical capability.
How You'll Contribute.
- Set the overall strategy and leads efforts to improve the perception of TransUnion within the industry as an authority on lending dynamics. These efforts include but are not limited to leading research efforts both within TransUnion and with external research partners, writing published journal articles, speaking/presenting at key industry conferences, and contributing to press releases.
- Drive innovative research projects to gain insight into industry trends and consumer dynamics. Transforms research results into company thought leadership and product/solution strategies to drive revenue.
- Mentor the U.S. team by providing guidance and direction regarding the lending/banking industry and approaches to solving various business challenges; serve as a subject matter expert resource and provide on-the-job training and advice across the spectrum of lending/banking initiatives; act as a resource and thought leader for TransUnion's international research and consulting teams as necessary to support the VP of international FSRC, and vice-versa.
- Develop and lead efforts to educate the sales force and improve sales fluency and sophistication when discussing industry concepts and trends across a range of lending concepts and functions; make recommendations for appropriate business solutions. Work involves broad latitude for decision-making and review of actions through goal attainment.
- Understand the risk management, marketing, sales and business processes of client organizations and leverages knowledge to develop competitive business insights that drive an increase in sales opportunities through more advanced client conversations.
- Develop and recommend sophisticated solutions and strategies based on customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing system infrastructure.
- Apply solution selling skills and industry knowledge to seek, identify, evaluate, and recommend TransUnion solutions to further penetrate client relationships; address complex conceptual and analytical issues when consulting with customers; work as a consultant and member of key teams to contribute to TransUnion's understanding of the lending industry, solution definition, product/solution positioning, product/business value, and ROI analysis.
- Represent qualified expertise and immediate credibility on joint sales calls with acceptance as the subject matter expert, quotable resource and as the acknowledged industry consultant.
- Establish strong customer relationships built on trust, credibility, integrity, mutual respect and a sense of shared purpose; share subject matter experience and best practices.
- Understand the sales, marketing and business processes of client organizations and leverage knowledge to support the development of competitive business solutions to increase sales opportunities; provide guidance to product development and product management teams.
- Directly and indirectly carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Be recognized by internal and external associates and business unit as the lead for subject matter expertise; act as a key source for information.
- Attend various industry association functions; maintain knowledge of industry trends, best practices and competitive product offerings; effectively communicate and leverage the organization's strategic advantages and capabilities in comparison to them; stay abreast of industry changes and helps educate/inform both internal TransUnion management and also our customers regarding the impact of industry dynamics on customers and TransUnion clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Seasoned subject-matter expertise, with mastery of a wide range of lending industry practices, products and functions through the entire consumer credit life cycle.
- A graduate degree in business, statistics, economics, finance or related field required. Requires a minimum of 12 years of experience in credit, financial services consulting or other financial services industry area, preferably in a client-oriented field. Direct experience on the client side of lending strongly preferred. Must have a strong customer service mentality, and consistent desire to exceed expectations as a matter of personal pride.
- Proven ability to lead teams to the successful execution of strategy and the delivery of complex projects. Must possess proven mentoring and coaching skills, with a philosophy that personal success is driven by the success of the team.
- Must have demonstrated experience that indicates that the incumbent can think "outside of the box". Innovation is a primary requirement. The incumbent must be collaborative, problem-solving and experienced in change management. Creativity, flexibility and initiative are also required. Must be well organized with excellent analytical skills, combined with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Accountable for delivering results. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements. Ability to interact effectively with senior management, executive management, fellow team members and outside stakeholders.
- Must be able to take in information from multiple sources and circumstances and formulate an overall solution or decision to resolve problems and/or offer direction to staff. Demonstrates thought leadership and ability to develop and continually improve the solution / product / service offering, and communicate business competencies to clients. Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial approach to client interactions. Requires high of energy level and ability to display creativity in developing solutions and strategies. Must be flexible, pragmatic and driven to achieve organizational goals.
- Must have working knowledge of all software applications used by the supported group. This typically includes using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications. In addition, must be able to functionally use any other software applications that are unique to the business unit where this position operates. Must be able to compose and/or coordinate complex correspondence such as reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to speak clearly when interacting with others in person or while on the telephone. Must be comfortable and accomplished at speaking in front of large groups. Must be able to lead the work of others, including those without direct reporting responsibility. Must have proven experience functioning as the lead and senior sponsor of complex projects.
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top