Visual Design Internship - Summer 2017
The Visual Design Intern is a full-time associate who is currently enrolled in a degree program specializing in Gaphic Design, Web Design, User Interface Design (a.k.a, Product Design), or User Experience Design (a.k.a. Human Factors). The intern may have limited experience in Software Design but lends moderate experience in graphic and web design to the Product Design teams’ efforts in designing high-fidelity interactive prototypes and visual design assets for implementation in online consumer software products (SaaS). The intern works closely with Visual Designers, User Experience Designers, and Product Managers to define innovative and user-friendly interfaces and visualizations for consumers to interact with, consume, and understand complex data. In addition to assisting senior staff in creating software visual design assets, the intern contributes to internal process and workflow documentation, as well as maintenance of brand and marketing assets.
The Team’s Focus:
We appreciate quick-learning professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- Online portfolio is required for consideration of all candidates
- Education: Currently enrolled in a B.A. or B.S. in Graphic Design, Web Design, Product Design, or similar program.
- Experience: Expertise in the following software is required:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Mobile and Responsive Web Design
- Experience nice to have:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe AfterEffects
- Motivation: Curiosity, creativity and passion for design and technology
- Leadership: Good organizational leadership skills working with senior management to individual contributors
- Problem Solving: Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Oral and Written Communication: Able to convey thoughts and vision in a confident and clear manner, particularly when communicating design and user experience decisions to management and development peers.
- Time Management: Ability to effectively manage time and ensure completion of a wide variety of tasks
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top