Dynamics of the Role
Innovation, Big Data in healthcare, design from scratch, trailblazer – if these words define your "calling" then we have the perfect position for you. We have built a functioning and revenue generating Big Data platform that brings together data from different sources and allow us to design and run complex algorithms and predictive models to solve many of the challenges that face Healthcare today. We are looking for talented individuals who bring the right skillset and an open mindset to the table. You will be joining a group of highly talented and motivated individuals with significant healthcare experience at large fortune 500 healthcare companies, top tier management consulting firms and healthcare startups. This opening is a unique opportunity for you to help us design the next generation products for Healthcare and to drive change in an industry undergoing major transformation.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Healthcare, one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company.
TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the Healthcare market, TransUnion offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help hospitals, health systems and patients find financial solutions for needed care.
How You'll Contribute:
- Data Visualization: With limited direction, design, develop and publish charts and dashboards for visualization of Healthcare data using Tableau
- Knowledge and skill around data modelling required for tableau reports and the dashboards
- Assist testing teams: Develop and conduct unit tests, develop system test data and perform tests as required
- Documentation: Prepare concise internal documentation on chart/dashboard development and revisions. Prepare user documentation and FAQs for operational instruction manuals as required
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science/ math/ statistics/analytics or a related discipline preferred with 3 years of database development/ data mining experience, OR demonstrated ability to meet job requirements through a comparable number of years of technical work experience.
- End-to-end Tableau Designer (v9 ) expertise from dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions
- Hands-on skills and deep experience working with the latest Tableau Server version, its Administration and the Maintenance. Experience working with Extracts, Live datasets, managing access privileges. Familiarity with Tableau SDK architecture.
- History of experience in Analytical and BI reporting with Tableau
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Experience working on teams with multiple Tableau developers
- Familiarity with stored procedures, query performance tuning and ETL (ideally on Oracle) in order to troubleshoot issues with dashboard
- Working experience with the following technologies: Hadoop, HBase, Pig, SQL
- Experience leading a sizeable web-based analytics project using Tableau will be a plus
- Tableau certification will be a plus
- Healthcare experience will be a plus
- Experience working with Agile teams is a big plus
What We Offer
Committed, Responsive, Open, Thoughtful, Engaged.
Our success is rooted in a few simple values: integrity, service, reliability, and performance. These values give our customers the power to achieve their goals. We think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, bonuses, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top