Dynamics of the Role
We are seeking a Global Technology (GT) Corporate Systems Senior Lead to assess and oversee support for Cloud-based enterprise project management tools, specifically Clarity and Agile Central / Rally, as an in-house system administrator. The individual in this role will apply proven communication, self-motivation, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage customer requests of our Cloud-based services. Acting as a liaison between TransUnion and our vendor, this position will add value in the areas of governance, project management and tool support for Transunion's users. This position requires excellent negotiation skills and the ability to satisfy the needs of enterprise users. We are seeking someone with a strong understanding of the permissions and roles, reports, portlet customizations, relational databases and custom objects within these tools.
The Team's Focus
The GT Corporate Systems team is responsible for four main areas: reporting, communications, tool support and internal knowledge. We support the enterprise tools Clarity and Agile Central for more than 2,500 international and domestic users. Our internal customers require stable platforms containing all the necessary functionality to perform their jobs. If edits or changes are needed to the enterprise tools, we partner with our Cloud provider to spec out the requests and schedule deployment. We act as governance ambassadors, assisting and guiding gap analysis and provide best practices and control recommendations. Additionally, we partner internally with enterprise project management communities, strategic sourcing and infrastructure engineers.
We also compile a large amount if internal IT data and use our analysis and findings to share GT health across the entire company. We strive to be a best in class communication team supporting two commonly used systems, Clarity and Agile Central.
We are a progressive, growing organization that appreciates our associates and their contributions to making us the best at what we do.
How You'll Contribute:
- Own the day-to-day operations for two of our Cloud-based tools (Clarity and Agile Central / Rally) with an external vendor, including (but not limited to): user license management, user experience, system performance, upgrades, requests for system enhancements / configurations, and troubleshooting. Ensure we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the systems per our contract. Leverage ITIL best practices for managing the cloud services, especially around system configurations, availability and release management.
- Receive and manage multiple internal customer requests simultaneously, maintain excellent communication (written and oral) and service to internal client groups. Maintain an understanding of how we are leveraging different project management methodologies.
- The administrator will be the first line in handling user and system issues and will communicate those issues as needed. Communicate with internal users when system enhancements are being planned or executed.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in IT, Computer Science, Business, or other relevant topics; Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred
- Experience: 8 years of professional experience with Computer Associate applications, specifically Clarity, Agile Central / Rally, which may include role assignment, system configurations, user support, testing, customer solution development, maintenance, and / or vendor management
- Technical skills: Have a solid level of usage for SQL, Crystal Reports and / or Jaspersoft, XOG, and gel scripting
- Leadership: Good organizational leadership skills working with senior management through individual contributors, while partnering within the team
- Ownership: Partner with internal and external teams to deliver standard releases and upgrades, while minimizing the impact to end-users and also understand user system needs
- Analysis: Experience with ITIL analysis techniques to correlate cause and effects, especially around system stability and troubleshooting
- Problem solving: Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and to gather and analyze information skillfully, getting to the root cause; partner with external vendor and internal users as needed
- Communication: Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document processes, changes, quick reference guides and other written notifications.
- Vendor / Service Relationships: Ability to effectively manage external vendors, specifically Cloud services
- Interpersonal skills: Must possess strong people skills and professionalism with the ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels; must have a strong customer-focused attitude with the ability to listen, understand and respond quickly to customers
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top