System Engineer in Test Internship - Summer 2017
A Intern within the System Engineer in Test (SET) will have crucial role within Quality Assurance/ Testing. SETs have deep development experience and passionate about quality. A SETs primary goal is to enable Application Development and Quality effectiveness through technology. SETs bridge the technical and non-technical teams in order to solve complex problems. SETS evaluate frameworks and build quality tools to support quality in the entire development process. SETs will also build test automation to support both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
The Team’s Focus
We have a diverse global enterprise IT Quality Assurance team supporting quality initiatives across all TransUnion lines of
business including the support of International testing. The team is developing cutting edge software test methodologies
and platforms to exceed high quality expectations and improve timing of our application lifecycle.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Be a part of a team to build advanced automation test suites to exercise world class applications.
- Work closely with Application Development, Quality, and Business teams to build better test strategies and solutions.
- Work with Application Development to increase unit test coverage and overall code quality.
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster application delivery.
- Creation of tools and utilities to support quality.
- Implement code quality metrics to measure developer quality measurements.
- Build continuous integration components in order to increase test frequency.
What You’ll Bring
- Strong technical background implementing software web applications. (database / data testing, working knowledge of .Net, Java, Ab Initio experience highly desired)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI).
- Understanding of test tools and processes (eg. JUnit, Selenium webdriver, Robot and/or Specflow frameworks a plus)
- Understanding of scripting languages including any of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience in a technical IT environment
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used
to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is
to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations
optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed
decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used
for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for
his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for
individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top