"We believe that information can be a powerful force for Good." Tim Martin
Overview of role:
The Diversified Markets Business/Operations Analyst, Background Screening will assist in identifying, evaluating, developing, and executing new go-to-market strategies, including but not limited to new products and services, and conducting operational analysis for the Background Screening market segment of TransUnion's Diversified Markets Business Unit. Diversified Markets is a dynamic and diverse organization that comprises TU's business in the following 4 high-growth, emerging market segments for the company: Technology/Retail/E-Commerce, Communications, Services, and Data/Information Providers. You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with leading customers, early-stage startups, and business partners in the design and delivery of market-driven solutions. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using internal and external sources to solve important business needs and problems, from the highly strategic to the operational. You will coordinate small-to-medium sized projects, ensuring that initiatives are completed in a timely manner and that customer and stakeholder expectations are met. You will manage multiple projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (both verbal and written).
Beyond the traditional business of furnishing credit reports for consumer lending, TransUnion provides its customers with data and solutions to better manage customer relationships. We have a large, diverse client base ranging from national and international retail, communications, and technology & data/information companies to cutting edge start-ups in both mature and emerging markets. We offer a broad array of products customized to each aspect of our clients' business: credit risk management, digital marketing, fraud and ID management, and collections and recovery. We pride ourselves on our ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging our extensive experience in data and analytics.
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in business, economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- High level of competency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Capable of translating data trends into tangible product concepts/ideas or solutions (demonstrate thought leadership)
- Quick thinker, unconventional problem-solving capabilities, desire to create new analytic solutions
- Direct experience in developing empirical analyses is desired
- Understanding of relational databases helpful
- Understanding of credit reporting industry helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record for completing assignments on time
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Willingness and ability to consistently assert point of view in a non-confrontational manner.
- Entrepreneurial "can do" attitude
Impact you'll make:
- Mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- Develop forecasting models (under different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- Generate reports using queries and report templates, modifying these queries as required
- Undertake ad hoc analysis and reporting for internal and external distribution
- Build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- Take appropriate precautions to ensure security and integrity of all data, which may be commercially sensitive and/or PII information on consumers
- Research, develop, test, and document methodologies/models, procedures and related processes for background screening data
- Translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
- Conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends through industry publications, company press releases, and various forms of primary research
- Assure compliance of regulatory and privacy issues during implementation of projects
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, you will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- Understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- With management's supervision, you will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations)
- Help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis
- Perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- Drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, managing the pace and topics covered and summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assigned tasks resulting from the meeting or presentation
- Build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top