What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation - we are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius. Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience monitoring large distributed systems (Prometheus, AlertManager, Elastic Stack)
- Strong knowledge of Linux (in particular, Ubuntu and CentOS).
- Experience with containerization (docker, mesos/aurora, kubernetes)
- Experience with databases (you do not need to be a DBA), both SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with AWS that extends beyond simple cloud computing (Serverless, Data Lake, Messaging, IAM).
- Strong shell/Python scripting experience
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Terraform, Salt, Chef experience is a plus as well)
- Strong networking skills (VPC Peering, IPv6)
- Use of distributed log-oriented messaging systems, like Kafka/Kinesis
- HAProxy, NGINX, Apache familiarity.
- You foster cooperation, learning and coordination between development and operational functions, and embrace open source practices.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems for building, deploying, and operating customer-facing applications.
- Implement Infrastructure As Code.
- Research and deploy best software and hardware in order to make others more productive and run our applications at top performance.
- Learn, support, and improve our foundational technologies and abstractions (including databases, load balancers, monitoring, reporting, etc.)
- Be vigilant and aware of new security threats. Recommend and implement new security technologies and policies.
Sr Engineer, Development Ops