Sr. QA Analyst
At TransUnion, webelieve in building great products using the latest modern technologies,including implementing many current open source frameworks. Do you wantto work around a true big data environment? How about helping usdetermine how to best develop solutions with our petabytes of data? TransUnion is growing and transforming itself. If you want to be apart of a leading technical Quality organization at a large data driven companythen this is the place for you!
Dynamics of the Role
The QualityEngineer is a dynamic performer who can work in a multi-disciplinaryfunctions relating to the health and quality of TransUnion softwareapplications. This role is primarily responsible for leading the qualityefforts within TransUnion's Global Quality and Custom Software Developmentorganization.
How You WillContribute
- Works closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability, automatability, and to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Contributes to impact assessments from Feature enhancements on system level interactions, and existing automated test suites
- Conducts in-sprint Test Design, Test planning, Test automation development, and Test execution
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses strong Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in test approaches
- Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries
- Provides test consultation to Scrum team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test suites
- Responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Logs defects and make recommendations to address defects
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Manage and guides offshore resources as needed
What You Will Bring
- Passion to build great application products and ability to support large scale distributed systems
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 1 to 6 years of experience in various phases of testing, designing, and developing complex enterprise applications, including automation test development
- Strong experience in Java, SOAP, and/or Ab Initio preferred
- Practical knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex problems
- Strong knowledge of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions
- Chicago-based position
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top