Sr. Mergers & Acquisitions Consultant
Senior Consultant, Global Strategy and M&A
The Global Strategy and M&A Team is a high-performing, cross-functional team responsible for developing TransUnion's corporate strategy and leading global M&A activities. As a Senior Consultant, Global Strategy and M&A, you will play an important role in enabling TransUnion to meet its short-term growth plans while positioning the organization to be the leading, global information and risk solutions provider.
How You'll Contribute:
- Support the strategic thought process of TransUnion's Business Units, identifying needs & opportunities, developing action plans and supporting their execution
- Develop strategic insights based on market assessments grounded in primary and secondary research. Translate these insights to inform buy/build/partner market-entry and market-expansion options
- Lead analysis, modeling and other deal components for domestic and global M&A transactions for TransUnion
- Coordinate cross-functional teams throughout the M&A process
- Build content and recommendations to support a variety of Strategy and M&A components
- Monitor and assess key trends and developments in TransUnion's industry. Partner with internal teams such as Investor Relations to draw conclusions and recommendations
- Other efforts as determined by leadership in Global Strategy and M&A
What You'll Bring:
- 3-6 years post-undergraduate experience with a strong record of accomplishment in top-tier consulting, investment banking or other transaction-advisory services firms. Strategy/corporate development experience at a top company strongly considered as well
- Experience in information services, financial services, insurance, digital or healthcare industries preferred
- Strong leadership skills; ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively leverage resources to successfully outcomes without constant direction
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to break down complex problems into critical parts, identify the key causes and effectively prioritize and execute way forward
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to assimilate and understand new concepts in short time frames
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to logically and systematically visualize and efficiently tackle tasks; understanding and mastery of tools and methods to effectively support the Strategy and M&A process
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work across functions and levels of seniority
- Highly organized, excellent project management abilities
- Advanced fluency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Undergraduate degree from a top university
- Energetic and driven
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top