Sr. Market Business Analyst - Diversified Markets
"We believe that information can be a powerful force for Good." - Tim Martin, Executive Vice President of Emerging Markets
What we'll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- High level of competency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- 2+ year's professional experience in an analytical/ quantitative position depending on educational background
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record for completing assignments on time
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Entrepreneurial "can do" attitude
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Business, Finance, Accounting, and Economics
- Candidates with prior management consulting experience will be given additional consideration
- Candidates with a Master's degree in one of the above-mentioned disciplines will be given additional consideration
Impact you'll make:
The Diversified Markets Business Analyst will assist in identifying, evaluating, developing, and executing new go-to-market strategies, including but not limited to new products and services, for TransUnion's Diversified Markets Business Unit. Diversified Markets is a dynamic and diverse organization that comprises TU's business in the following 5 high-growth, emerging market segments for the company: Technology/Retail/E-Commerce, Communications, Hospitality/Transportation/Gaming, Services, and Data/Information Providers.
You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with leading customers, early-stage startups, and business partners in the design and delivery of market-driven solutions. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using internal and external sources to solve important business needs and problems, from the highly strategic to the operational. You will coordinate small-to-medium sized projects, ensuring that initiatives are completed in a timely manner and that customer and stakeholder expectations are met. You will manage multiple projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (both verbal and written). Some of the impactful contributions will encompass the following:
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (under different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
- You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- With management's supervision, you will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations)
- You will help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis
- You will perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- You will drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- You will prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, managing the pace and topics covered and summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assigned tasks resulting from the meeting or presentation
- You will build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You will utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top