Sr Engineer - Performance Testing
Dynamics of the Role:
As a Sr. Performance Engineer, you will design, develop and execute performance tests to validate and ensure that the applications under test meet their performance objectives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for performance and will drive performance improvements across all of TransUnion's products and applications.
How You Will Contribute:
• Work with project stakeholders to understand the application non-functional requirements and develop effective performance test scenarios based on real-world application usage patterns.
• Develop detailed performance test plans; define and create test objectives, identify test environments, and test data requirements.
• Create and maintain the performance test scripts and scenarios that meet the objectives identified in the performance test plan.
• Design and execute various types of performance tests like load, stress, scalability, soak, endurance etc.
• Document clear and concise performance evaluation reports after test execution completion.
• Provide analysis of performance testing results and provide insights into where optimization opportunities and application inefficiencies exist.
What You Will Bring:
• Strong understanding of performance testing methodologies and best practices.
• Expert level skills in performance test tool utilization, including scripting, building and executing scenarios, collecting and analyzing performance metrics.
• 7+ years of experience working with HP Performance Center, LoadRunner, JMeter and/or similar load testing tools.
• 7+ years of experience in VuGen scripting using Web HTTP/HTML, Web Services, AJAX/TruClient, .NET and Winsock protocols; Ability to customize VuGen scripts through the use of programming languages like C, C++ or Java.
• 7+ years of experience with end-to-end performance testing of systems involving multiple technologies and multi-tier architecture.
• Understand and be able to use monitoring tools like Splunk, CA APM, HP Diagnostics, Dynatrace, SCOM and Windows Perfmon.
• Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile SDLC; Ability to work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is preferred.
• Experience using network monitoring tools like Wireshark and Fiddler and profiling tools like HPjmeter.
• Proficiency with XML, SOAP, JSON, and WSDL is preferred; CI/CD experience with Jenkins a plus.
• Experience working with HP ALM, CA Agile Central and JIRA is preferred; Ab Initio experience is a good value add.
• Prior experience working with a globally located team (onsite/offshore model)
• Self-starter, strong communication skills and proven ability to deliver under minimal supervision.
• Ability to mentor other junior performance resources.
Who We Are:
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Primary Location: Chennai
Organization: Global Technology - Application Development (GT App Dev)
Schedule / Shift: Regular / Standard
Job Type: Full-time day job
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top