Sr Director, Architecture & Development
The Sr. Director - Enterprise Architecture - M&A Lead is responsible for leading all diligence & integration efforts related to Technology & Security Integration activities, as well as interfacing with the business & Global Technology to facilitate discussions relating to potential acquisitions & investments. Mergers & Acquisitions have been a core component of TransUnion's growth strategy and integrating acquisitions in to TransUnion's platforms, processes, & culture is critical to harness the value related to our acquisitions.
"The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas - not technology." - Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we'll bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• Results Oriented: Drives the entire organization to achieve agreed to integration objectives & hit key integration milestones. Understands when to be assertive & make decisions & when to escalate and/or change approach.
• Technology Background: Assessing a potential acquisition's architecture & operational processes requires a good understanding of technology & being able to ask the right questions to get to answers that lead to 'red flags' or a verification of maturity in a process or solution.
• Analysis: Ability to understand & assess a potential acquisition's ability to execute & identify any underlying issues that could result in downstream issues that run counter to the acquisition hypothesis or potentially impact downstream integration efforts.
• Financial Modeling: Ability to work with ambiguity & develop estimating assumptions to plug in to an integration cost model. Requires an understanding of basic accounting principles (e.g. Revenue, EBITDA, EPS, OpEx, CapEx, D&A).
• Relationship Management & Collaborator: Ability to form productive relationships quickly & leverage those relationships to interact with & influence key stakeholders - both internally & externally - to develop & execute on the integration approach & plan.
• Excellent Communicator: Requires excellent written & verbal communication skills that will be extensively leveraged for all layers of audience (Board/CEO level to New Developer/Engineer) and able to make points succinctly & clearly in both presentations and in in-person forums.
• Flexibility: Role will require regular assessments of the current situation & determine when to hold firm, allow changes, or escalate. The role also requires an ability to deal with new information or circumstances quickly & is able to be open minded to alternative approaches and new methods that could be advocated for & incorporated elsewhere in TransUnion.
• Team Building: Provide leadership, mentorship, & guidance to the EA M&A team and facilitate discussions for career advancement & rotation, as appropriate.
• Creative Thinking/Innovation: Ability to look and think outside the box to identify potential solutions that either create or improve technology to increase the effectiveness/efficiency of the team and/or other TransUnion platforms or processes.
• Composure: Ability to stay calm and focused when under pressure & skilled at managing internal customer relationships and expectations.
It is expected that candidates have the following qualifications:
• IT Leadership Experience: Minimum 20 years in IT leading and running large programs with leadership roles that have included operational accountabilities for solutions or capabilities. Experience in consulting and technology architecture in Financial Services preferred.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field. Masters preferred
This role will be a leadership role of a small, but impactful team made up mostly of solution architects that manages all work efforts related to M&A activities, including managing the integration budgets related to Technology & Security integration. The team is part of the Enterprise Architecture team & will also participate in & contribute to Enterprise Architecture objectives & goals.
Impact you will make:
• Manage a small team (3-5 FTEs) who are accountable for all aspects of Pre-diligence, Confirmatory Diligence, Integration Planning, & Integration Execution related to M&A efforts.
• Liaise with & support the Global Strategy team & Lines of Business leadership team in understanding the M&A pipeline, assessing prospective acquisitions, providing readouts to the TransUnion leadership team, & documenting findings from the diligence effort.
• Assist with & review his team's integration hypothesis & a resulting cost models to fully integrate prospective acquisitions in to TransUnion's platforms, processes, & culture.
• Liaise & Collaborate with Global Technology leads on understanding the impact of the acquisition to the operations model & reflecting those impacts in to the integration financial model & plan.
• Demonstrate leadership in providing readouts summarizing the IT/Security diligence assessment & integration plan in reviews with TransUnion's Global Leadership Team & Board of Directors.
• Support the M&A team in integration mobilization efforts & accountable for delivery of key integration milestones & objectives for all active integration programs (typically 1-3 yrs each).
• Manage Integration budgets & provide monthly updates to Line of Business finance contacts.
• Provide Integration progress updates to Global Technology Leadership Team & in Integration Program Steering Committees.
• Participate in Enterprise Architecture governance processes & take on work efforts led by Enterprise Architecture, as time permits once M&A workloads are accounted for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top