Sr. Consultant, Product Strategy - Fraud & Identity Solutions
Sr. Consultant, Product Strategy - Fraud & Identity Solutions
Dynamics of the Role
The Sr. Consultant, Product Strategy is responsible for the execution of product strategies and objectives across the Fraud and Identity Solutions business. You will perform assessments of market direction and product performance to support strategic planning, product innovation and go-to-market direction. You will also lead efforts to define product line extensions and enhancements and will assist with monitoring financial performance of the solution portfolio.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Fraud and Identity Solutions business provides solutions to help businesses and consumers establish and maintain trusted relationships with each other. We deliver solutions that enable customers in our core vertical markets to make secure, convenient and confident identity risk decisions throughout the customer life-cycle. The product strategy team collaborates across multiple vertical lines of business and other cross-functional groups (Product Development, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to develop business plans, identify and evaluate new opportunities and support go-to-market execution.
How You Will Contribute
The Sr. Consultant, Product Strategy will support expansion of TransUnion's Fraud & Identity Solutions business by developing strategic plans and helping identify, research and evaluate new product opportunities and market initiatives.
- Support the definition and execution of the three-year strategic and operating plan
- Collaborate with vertical market leadership to create and maintain business plans and product strategies that have clear and measurable targets
- Assist new partner engagement and acquisition efforts through market and economic research, creation of TransUnion value propositions and coordination with the vertical teams
- Support the design and development of communication content for executive leadership
- Maintain deep knowledge of TransUnion product offerings and compile and analyze relevant industry practices and market trends
- Structure and facilitate customer, partner or analyst engagement as needed to support market research and validate product initiatives
- Collaborate with vertical stakeholders to assess the size and revenue potential from individual markets and investment opportunities
- Gather competitive intelligence on an ongoing basis, monitor strategy, and predict response for key competitors
- Create ad hoc strategic analysis for the leadership team
- Support the execution of the business plans (including initiative prioritization, product concept approvals, and marketing initiatives) and assist with tracking and reporting of progress
- Partner with Finance and other areas to prepare performance reports and dashboards, including linkages between the budget, product targets and sales pipelines
- Assist in establishing or updating competitive pricing strategies
- Engage with international teams to share knowledge, capabilities and best practices across global regions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related discipline; MBA in management or operations is desired or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 7 or more years of related experience with at least 5 years that focus on strategy and business planning; 2-3 years with a consulting firm is desired
- Broad knowledge and experience within one or more core TransUnion industries; experience with fraud, identity management or risk solutions is a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp industry and product concepts in order to assess implications and drive actions that capitalize on new opportunities
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills with a high degree of comfort managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in providing crisp, insightful information to senior management teams
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable analyzing financials and understanding implications to performance and strategic plans; attention to detail and high accuracy are critical
- Poised and self-assured, comfortable interacting with associates from all levels of the organization
- Passion and desire for continuous improvement and goal-attainment
- Willingness / ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top