Senior Consultant, Financial Services Analytics
Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion, a leading risk information solutions company and one of the three major U.S. credit bureaus, is seeking a highly skilled Senior Consultant for its Financial Services Analytics team.
You will apply your analytical skills to work on all aspects of the account lifecycle in the consumer credit domain on behalf of a diverse set of clients, ranging from marketing and propensity models for customer acquisition and retention, fraud detection solutions, credit risk models for acquisition and account management, cross-sell applications, portfolio models for regulatory applications, event-based trigger solutions, and strategy analyses of various kinds. You will also develop complex analytic solutions directly with TransUnion customers, business partners and other departments.
Advancement opportunities exist in both a technical and managerial track depending on the candidate's desires and aptitudes.
The Team's Focus
The Financial Services Analytics team is an industry recognized, client-facing department that rewards an entrepreneurial spirit. We have deep technical expertise and an established reputation as an analytic solutions provider in the Financial Services industry. We have a wealth of data and industry experience within our large group of highly-trained analysts, statisticians, engineers, and economists. We also have a modern computing environment based on best-in-class "big data" technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies. All of these resources will enable you to help us deliver next-generation analytic solutions for our customers.
How You'll Contribute
This position is responsible for developing credit risk management and business intelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and research serving TransUnion's clients. This position requires an understanding of US consumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle, leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion's analytic products and services.
- You will provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all initiatives under minimal direct supervision.
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You'll Bring
- Master's or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence
- At least four (4) years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services or related industries
- Multiple examples of demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least three (3) years
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Advanced programming skills; mastery of a statistical language such as R or SAS; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C , Java); proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
- A deep understanding of current industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactively identify customers' analytical needs and related business opportunities
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top