Sr. Compensation Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
The Sr. Compensation Consultant provides advanced level consultation, guidance and direction of compensation to human resources professionals, BU Mgmt and Leadership. Assists in the design, development and/or implementation of compensation programs, policies and practices. Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with federal and state applicable laws and meeting organizational business objectives, and provides support for key components/activities of the compensation program, development and administration.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Human Resources has undergone significant transformation both in how we organize and our mission to the organization. We continue to evolve from a transactional service provider to architects of manager capability, fulfilling employee experiences and most of all, stewards of a great work environment where the best minds in the world are drawn to innovate and create. We work every day to provide exceptional service to the organization at every step of the value chain. Our real lift is found in our execution against our strategic platforms, which generate true, intrinsic value to the organization – the ability for managers and associates to work in an ever changing, growth focused environment.
How You'll Contribute:
- Serves as project lead on major compensation initiatives. Identifies opportunities for enhancement and change in compensation programs, policies and procedures. Acts as changes agent to develop, implement and communicate change initiatives. Recommends and implements approved changes to process and policy.
- Provide advice, counsel and ongoing support regarding employee compensation issues including internal/external competitiveness, program design, program effectiveness assessment, and overall governance related to TU's compensation philosophy and principles, including competitive pay for performance.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the year-end pay process.
- Develop, maintain and continually expand a good working knowledge of the business strategy of assigned groups to advise on various topics such as compensation trends, role definition, legal and regulatory requirements, and total reward view in order to provide effective consultation to the business.
- Use market and business knowledge, in conjunction with TU compensation principles and policies, to assess the implication of market trends to identify compensation issues and opportunities.
- Lead projects regarding the design and development of compensation programs.
- Partners with appropriate internal and external resources to ensure that all designed programs, plan documentation and communications meet the needs of the business.
- Leads and/or assists with special compensation projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, related field or equivalent experience. At least 5 years of experience in Compensation, HRIS, Benefits, or general HR.
- Exceptional consultative / customer service skills required both in verbal and written communication
- Ability and willingness to communicate unfavorable information resulting from analysis and present findings to the business in a way that influences their thinking
- Well-developed analytical, consultative, and communication skills
- Needs to have flexibility to work in situations where there is no unique, correct answer and be able to apply independent judgment to create solutions outside of established guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Strong problem- planning and organizing skills, group facilitation and presentation experience, project management and decision-making approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with managers, employees, HR team, as well as external constituents such as vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of matrix organizational structure, policies and practices are preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements related to compensation for both federal, provincial and state jurisdictions as applicable
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and implement new compensation programs
- Experience with compensation program design and implementation
- Ability to multitask many duties at same time and prioritize as needed based on deadlines, impact and urgency
- Certification is highly desirable – Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top