TransUnion is a leading global provider of information and risk management solutions to businesses across multiple industries and to individual consumers. Our technology and services enable businesses to make more timely and informed credit granting, risk management, underwriting, fraud protection and customer acquisition decisions by delivering high quality data, and by integrating advanced analytics and enhanced decision-making capabilities. We have operations in the United States, Africa, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific and India and provide services in 25 countries. Since our founding in 1968, we have built a stable and highly diversified customer base of approximately 45,000 businesses in multiple industries, including financial services, insurance, healthcare, automotive, retail and communications.
The Team's Focus:
In this role, you will be tasked with the evolving design, development, maintenance, and overall integrity of a reliable, scalable data platform that empowers analytics at scale, is a trusted source of truth for analytical data, and provides the security of governance and control without impeding innovation or agility. You will be an integral part of a cross-functional team dedicated to ensuring both strategic cohesion and operational integration between all components of the Global Technology stack; proactively identifying and responding to evolving user trends and needs; maximizing system and service stability, reliability, visibility, and overall output; and establishing best practices, providing ongoing consulting, training, troubleshooting, and optimization.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for providing accurate, timely, reliable, and ultimately useful data to the analytical data ecosystem. This mandate involves everything from the discovery, access, and integration of source data into the ecosystem to guaranteeing its health and robustness within that ecosystem to modeling and presenting that data in a manner that allows stakeholders within the ecosystem to perform their duties effectively. You will work closely with other members of the Core Data team and Technology team
How You'll Contribute:
- Unify the Global Technology stack into a strategically cohesive and operationally integrated platform.
- Drive ongoing innovation and development to empower the analytics team with a best-in-business analytical data ecosystem.
- Define solutions based on stakeholders needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Work closely with data and systems engineers to deploy and maintain models seamlessly on production systems and to build large scale data services and features.
- Establish scalable and automated processes for large scale data extraction.
- Innovate in an agile environment and summarize ideas/approaches to the Core Data team for validation and potential integration into core data infrastructure.
- Promote a positive engineering and team culture.
- Act as a primary technical liaison between the Core Data and Technology teams.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any performance, system or data related issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of data from source to publication.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Expirience in a large data ecosystem, at least 4 of which involved direct input to and focus on product-level features and capabilities.
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design, architecture principles, and techniques to take business requirements from concept to implementation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Strong experience with the Hadoop ecosystem including HDFS, MapReduce, Spark etc.
- Extensive background extracting and transforming complex data sets (ETL process design and administration).
- Strong experience and interest in system performance, optimization, stability, and reliability~.
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top