Sr Analytics Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
As a Sr. Analytics Consultant on our team, youwill join a world class group of statisticians, data scientists, mathematicians,and modelers on a mission to extract insights from information and put them togood use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analyticalprojects in a non-siloed environment and be recognized for the work youdeliver. TransUnion offers a culture oflifelong learning and as a Sr. Consultant here, your growth potential islimitless.
The Team's Focus
You want to talk about bigdata? At TransUnion, we have data onvirtually every active credit consumer in the United States. Yes, almost everysingle one (and data on millions of consumers in 30 other countries).
But, 'having data' means nothingwithout curious analytical minds to unlock the meaning within it. Our analyticsteam is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we willnot only understand your stats jokes, but appreciate them. We come to work every day to quantitativelyexplain how things happen and why. Why? Because the work that we do allowspeople to have access to credit, enables new generations to pursue aneducation, and builds economies from the ground up. TransUnion is a place where it's cool to besmart. Have we piqued your interest? Well, read on…
How You'll Contribute
Thisposition is responsible for developing credit risk management and businessintelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and researchserving TransUnion's clients. This position requires an understanding of USconsumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- Collaborate withinternal and external partners to deliver innovative analytical products andinsights. You will be directly involved in the development of predictive modelingand business intelligence solutions for clients such as credit lenders,insurance carriers, and other financial services institutions
- Design and lead initiativesinvolving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging avariety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survivalanalysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivityanalysis, and machine learning); this will involve delegating tasks to otherteam members and managing the team to meet deliverables on time
- Dig in byextracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on largepopulation datasets (using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python on Linuxand PC computing platforms)
- Deliver analyticinsights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations forinternal and external customers at various levels including an executiveaudience; may lead key presentations to clients
- Help to cultivatean environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Serve as asubject matter expert on the team and act as a mentor to more junior team members;may directly manage a small team of Analysts
- Serve as anadvisor and partner to the senior management team: proactively seek outopportunities for innovation and present new ideas and solutions on behalf ofthe team
What You'll Bring
- A graduate degree in the hard sciences with advanced coursework instatistics
- 6-12 years of professional analytical modeling experience,solving problems relevant to the problems we solve at TransUnion
- Expert proficiency with one or more statistical programming languagessuch as R or SAS; additional experience writing intermediate SQL queries fordata extraction preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to clearlyarticulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, strongpresentation skills with comfort presenting to executive audiences
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solvingskills
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability tooversee and manage project teams to meet project deliverables inclusive ofdelegating work, setting clear goals, providing coaching and feedback, andmanaging customer expectations
- Direct and effective experience managing junior analyticalprofessionals preferred
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to developingways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions.As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to helppeople around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher qualityof life. We do this by helpingorganizations to optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers tounderstand and manage their personal information. Because when people haveaccess to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top