Sr Analytics Business Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
As a Sr. Analytics Business Consultant on our team, you will join a world class group of statisticians, data scientists, mathematicians, and modelers on a mission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-siloed environment and be recognized for the work you deliver. TransUnion offers a culture of lifelong learning and as a Sr. Consultant here, your growth potential is limitless.
The Team's Focus
You want to talk about big data? At TransUnion, we have data on virtually every active credit consumer in the United States. Yes, almost every single one (and data on millions of consumers in 30 other countries).
But, 'having data' means nothing without curious analytical minds to unlock the meaning within it. Our analytics team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, but appreciate them. We come to work every day to quantitatively explain how things happen and why. Why? Because the work that we do allows people to have access to credit, enables new generations to pursue an education, and builds economies from the ground up. TransUnion is a place where it's cool to be smart. Have we piqued your interest? Well, read on…
How You'll Contribute
This position is responsible for developing credit risk management and business intelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and research serving TransUnion's clients. This position requires an understanding of US consumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver innovative analytical products and insights. You will be directly involved in the development of predictive modeling and business intelligence solutions for clients such as credit lenders, insurance carriers, and other financial services institutions
- Design and lead initiatives involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning); this will involve delegating tasks to other team members and managing the team to meet deliverables on time
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python on Linux and PC computing platforms)
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience; may lead key presentations to clients
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the team and act as a mentor to more junior team members; may directly manage a small team of Analysts
- Serve as an advisor and partner to the senior management team: proactively seek out opportunities for innovation and present new ideas and solutions on behalf of the team
What You'll Bring
- This position performs services under a federal government contract that requires the work to be performed by US citizens or permanent residents only
- A graduate degree in the hard sciences with advanced coursework in statistics
- 6-12 years of professional analytical modeling experience, solving problems relevant to the problems we solve at TransUnion
- Expert proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or SAS; additional experience writing intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, strong presentation skills with comfort presenting to executive audiences
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to oversee and manage project teams to meet project deliverables inclusive of delegating work, setting clear goals, providing coaching and feedback, and managing customer expectations
- Direct and effective experience managing junior analytical professionals preferred
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to developing ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life. We do this by helping organizations to optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top