Sr. Analytic Developer
Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion, a leading risk information solutions company and one of the three major U.S. credit bureaus, is seeking a highly skilled Sr. Analytic Developer to join its Financial Services Analytics team.
The Team’s Focus
The Financial Services Analytics team is an industry recognized, client-facing department that rewards an entrepreneurial spirit. We have deep technical expertise and an established reputation as an analytic solutions provider in the Financial Services industry. We have a wealth of data and industry experience within our large group of highly-trained analysts, statisticians, engineers, and economists. We also have a modern computing environment based on best-in-class “big data” technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources, software, and statistical and machine learning methodologies. All of these resources will enable you to help us deliver next-generation analytic solutions for our customers.
How You’ll Contribute
This position is responsible for developing analytical applications and frameworks used by the TransUnion analysts and data scientists both in the US and internationally. This position requires deep understanding of analytic/scientific software development and advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning models and frameworks:
- You will design and write programs and packages for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets
- You will research and evaluate advanced statistical and machine learning models
- You will perform evaluation of the emerging tools and technologies used in analytics and data science
- You will assist Global Technology team with maintenance of the tools and frameworks used by analysts on the HPC cluster
- You will participate in projects led by Global Technology team as subject matter expert on machine learning and scientific computing.
- You will provide support and training to the users on the tools you develop
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, computer science or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence.
- At least one (1) year of professional experience performing analytic/scientific software development work in Financial Services or related industries or research institution
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with R; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Python, C/C , Java, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with modern “big data” frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with reproducible research and reporting tools (LaTeX, Markdown, etc.) preferred
- Experience with scientific visualization (Shiny) preferred
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Ability to travel 5-10%
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top