Sr. Analyst, Healthcare Operations Account Specialist
Dynamics of the Role
We currently have an opportunity in Culver City, CA for a Sr. Analyst/Consultant. TransUnion Healthcare's Culver City business unit facilitates the transfer and validation of Encounter/Claims data from the submitter to the Payer.
This Sr. Analyst/Consultant is responsible for supporting the Payer team and business unit on client (Payer) needs. This includes addressing client inquiries, working with client to reduce errors, customer engagement, and building/strengthening relationships by providing superior customer service.
The role requires subject matter knowledge in encounters and claims related products and services. Candidate must possess an excellent ability to manage customer needs and expectations to provide best possible customer experience. Ability to break down offerings into simple to understand solutions. Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and some complexity. Self-motivated individual that uses resources available and seeks guidance to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Works independently and regularly interacts with and acts as a liaison between various internal departments and external parties to provide best possible outcomes. Desire for continual learning and growth.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Healthcare is one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company. TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the provider market, TransUnion Healthcare offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care.
How You'll Contribute:
- Engages in a proactive strategy in managing client accounts or product relationship.
- Routinely communicates with clients and responds to incoming customer calls/emails regarding files, errors, projects, changes, service issues, requests for additional service and other related client inquiries.
- Develop account relationships with management to executive level and operational contacts and document needs and organizational priorities. Specifically creating a partnership environment
- Develop relationships that lead to collaboration of strategies based on customer needs.
- Works with client (and other support staff / vendor) to minimize the number of errors in customers' data to maximize throughput to the Payer
- Generates, reviews and provides necessary reports or information to provide both a high level view of data throughput as well as detail information that can assist in reject analysis
- Research and resolve as appropriate various corrections
- Follow up with client regarding issues and rejections that require their assistance
- Initiate, track and help to resolve Support cases
- Provides training on products / portal and reports
- Understands products to address business needs. Creates solutions for clients/products. Works closely with technical, production, and vendors for project development, scheduling and budgeting if required.
- Accessible to client
- Main point of contact for assigned clients. Ensure full life cycle contact from initial introduction through ongoing maintenance.
- Coordinate at least monthly calls/meetings with Payer Clients.
- Participate on calls with Payer Client and key customers. Provides timely and professional resolution to client/customer inquiries. Keeps client/customer informed of changes or problems.
- Has a professional presence in front of the client. Handles client /product expectations on daily basis through constant communications.
- Acts as subject matter expert on platform related issues. Able to address customer queries and if he/she does not know the answer can quickly and appropriate liaison with vendor to find solution.
- Looks for ways to increase general knowledge to perform tasks well.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the encounter/claim file and system.
- Gather Payer requirements
- Work with vendor to implement Payer requirements
- Perform end-to-end testing
- Use internal reporting to perform data volume analysis monthly. Includes monthly volume variance, inbound and outbound data analysis.
- Use internal reporting to perform error analysis for Payer related and overall account errors.
- Use internal reporting to identify missing and low volume submissions.
- Use internal reporting to monitor Payer throughput and take action when needed.
- Reviews and analyze accounts holistically; recognizes submission patterns, looks for anomalies to guide customers to new solutions.
- Create or support creation of monthly invoice for Payer Clients
- Review monthly invoices for accuracy
- Use company billing system
- Maintains and expands existing accounts and increases penetration of products
- Develop an understanding of competitor's products and services.
- Maintains competitive intelligence and advises on competitor product offerings
- Networks among industry leaders to understand market trends, product offerings, and areas of opportunity.
- Gain familiarity with client contracts and support/provide input into any new or existing contracts.
What You'll Bring:
- Background in the medical/Healthcare industry with an understanding of medical terminology (i.e: CMS-1500, UB04, CPT Codes, ICD10)
- Very Good knowledge of Healthcare industry encounter/claims formats (i.e.: ANSI 837, ANSI 277)
- 2 years progressive experience in customer service capacity managing and delivering high level service to customers
- Bachelor degree or relative experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to troubleshoot customer problems/issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Skilled in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Ability to multi-task between a variety of tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes, competing requirements or pressures of deadline
- Very Good project management skills
- Very Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Skilled in Excel
- Ability to create PowerPoint presentations
What We Offer
Committed, Responsive, Open, Thoughtful, Engaged.
Our success is rooted in a few simple values: integrity, service, reliability, and performance. These values give our customers the power to achieve their goals. We think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top