Sr. Analyst, Financial Analytics
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Consultantfor Financial Services Analytics develops credit risk management and businessintelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and researchserving TransUnion’s financial institution clients. You will have a keenunderstanding of US consumer lending and credit risk management practices.
You will apply youranalytical skills to work on all aspects of the account lifecycle in theconsumer credit domain on behalf of a diverse set of clients, ranging fromcredit risk models for acquisition and account management, cross-sellapplications, event-based trigger solutions, and strategy analyses of variouskinds. You will also develop complexanalytic solutions directly with TransUnion customers, business partners andother departments.
Advancementopportunities exist in both a technical and managerial track depending on thecandidate’s desires and aptitudes.
The Team’s Focus
The Financial ServicesAnalytics team is an industry recognized, client-facing department that rewardsan entrepreneurial spirit. We have deep technical expertise and anestablished reputation as an analytic solutions provider in the FinancialServices industry. We have a wealth of data and industry experience within ourlarge group of highly-trained analysts, statisticians, engineers, andeconomists. We also have a modern computing environment based onbest-in-class “big data” technologies and the freedom to explore new data sourcesand statistical and machine learning methodologies. All of these resources willenable you to help us deliver next-generation analytic solutions for ourcustomers.
How You’ll Contribute
This position isresponsible for developing and validating credit risk management and businessintelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and researchserving TransUnion’s clients. This position requires an understanding of USconsumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle, leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence
- At least four years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services or related industries
- Experience and demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least one (1) year
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R or SAS; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages preferred (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C , Java); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
Who We Are
A global leader incredit information and information management services, TransUnion givesbusinesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve theirgoals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships.Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies andgive people the power to achieve their dreams.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top