Sr. Ab Initio Developer - Decisioning
Dynamics of the Role
This role is for a Senior Technical Developer that will operate as a member on one of the core teams of specialists that are responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic solutions within TransUnion's Decisioning Platforms.
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in big data methodologies, high-performance computing, database management, and/or data integration tools.
How You'll Contribute
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Deploy and implement features for our high volume, low latency core online environment; expertise will full stack knowledge including hardware, software, end-user tools and other data services
- Create tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of the application team
- Act as internal subject matter expert for the Decisioning Platform.
What You'll Bring
- Six or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession.
- Strong proficiency in Ab initio is required; preference will be to those who have strong experience with Ab Initio Continuous Flows
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with High-Volume , Low Latency transaction system
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top