What We'll Bring:
Manager supporting the consulting team of the U.S. Financial Services Research and Consulting team
What You'll Bring:
The Team's Focus
You want to talk about big data? At TransUnion, we have data on virtually every active credit consumer in the United States. Yes, almost every single one (and data on millions of consumers in 30+ other countries as well).
But "having data" means nothing without curious analytical minds to unlock the meaning within it. Our team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, but appreciate them. We come to work every day to quantitatively explain how things happen and why. Our efforts drive real value, becuase the work that we do allows people to have access to credit, enables new generations to pursue an education, and builds economies from the ground up. TransUnion is a place where it's cool to be smart. Have we piqued your interest? Well, read on…
Dynamics of the Role
As a Manager and part of the Global Technology Hub, supporting the U.S. Financial Services Research and Consulting team, you will join a world-class group of statisticians, data scientists, modelers and industry experts on a mission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-siloed environment and be recognized for the work you deliver.
Want more details? This newly created role supporting the Consulting team within U.S. Research and Consulting is responsible for delivering market-level business intelligence both to TransUnion's senior management and to Financial Services customers, at the direction of and working closely with U.S. based colleagues driving thought leadership to the market. To be successful in this position, you must have good organizational skills, a strategic mindset and a flexible predisposition. You will also be expected to become more independent over time and able to lead and present projects with minimal supervision.
How You'll Contribute:
- You will develop a strong understanding of U.S. consumer credit data and how it applies to industry trends.
- You will translate complex analytical findings into insightful business presentations.
- You will perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- You will support the production of the quarterly Industry Insights Report (IIR) suite, including the report and webinar.
- Come up with innovative ways to improve on existing processes
- Refresh existing studies with new data to drive additional insights to market
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Lead a team of analysts and senior analysts
Impact You'll Make:
What You'll Bring:
- A Master's or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline. Equivalent analytical experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree
- You are highly credentialed, with 5-8 years of experience in increasingly senior roles at a financial institution or in consulting in the lending industry
- Advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or SAS; additional experience writing intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. IBM Netezza, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark) preferred
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high degree of technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Capability to eloquently describe analytic ideas, requirements, processes and findings in non-technical terms.
- A strong interest in the areas of banking, consumer lending and finance is paramount
- Curiosity as to why consumers act the way they do with their credit.
- Strong work ethic with the passion for team success
Who We Are:
- At TransUnion, we are dedicated to developing ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life. We do this by helping organizations to optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion Job Title
Specialist IV, Analytics
Back to top