Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion is seeking a Product Development Specialist to continue to build and improve our web solutions in the Business-to-Consumer, and Business-to-Business-to-Consumer markets. The right candidate is equal parts product champion, detail-obsessed product builder and a great communicator. Yours will be an active role in the day-to-day operations of product delivery. The right candidate will know how to turn vision into detailed business requirements, and work all the way through launch to ensure those are reflected in the end product result. You will also bring excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of employees and partners.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Interactive creates web-based products that help customers manage their credit, identity and money. Our product suite includes TransUnion Credit Monitoring and ID Theft Protection—products that help our customers monitor critical changes in their credit, and help them meet future goals. We also offer a large variety of best-in-class solutions to our partners in financial, insurance, breach and other markets. From analysis, to identity theft protection features, to money management tools, ours is an entrepreneurial environment – with a big company behind us. We've had continued year-to-year growth and a long history of successful product launches.
How You'll Contribute:
- Manage and deliver products against a product roadmap
- Develop user stories, create use cases and write detailed business requirements for both strategic and tactical level initiatives
- Interface directly with development and other technical teams
- Assist the Product Manager with sales support and partner management
- Translate requests into technical asks that can be acted upon by development and engineering teams
- Create product collateral for use by internal teams
- Identify product and feature success metrics and measure and monitor performance
- Own all facets of the product – strong troubleshooting skills are required
- Engage frequently with internal teams, project management and vendors during implementation
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Product experience, preferably with web-based products
- Passion for working in the details, and capacity to learn detailed technical specifications
- Must have strong critical thinking and quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Experience working in an agile environment and implementing agile processes
- A history of writing logical, detailed, and complete product requirements and functional specifications as well as the ability to develop high-level documentation in lay-terms
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build and leverage relationships at all levels across the company, business partners and international teams
- Experience working with and supporting sales teams
- Ability to relate the smallest details to the overall product strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top