Dynamics of the Role
We are looking for dynamic Solution Architect to join our fast-paced Healthcare team. The architect is responsible for applied research and advanced design in the development of new applications and systems or technical processes. The architect will also participate in activities required to complete major enterprise projects. This role will specify technical design approach and standards and demonstrate a deep expertise in technical design by articulating the strengths and weaknesses associated with utilizing alternative architecture solutions.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion is a trusted provider of global information solutions for assessing and managing risk, driven by a belief that information can help advance our industry, facilitate commerce and ultimately increase the standard of living for consumers around the world. One of TransUnion’s key business lines is TransUnion Healthcare. TransUnion Healthcare focuses on healthcare solutions for maximizing reimbursement, driven by a belief that information can help advance our industry, improve patient engagement, and ultimately increase the effectiveness of the healthcare system. In that light, we see information differently – not just for what it is, but for what it can help providers accomplish. We deliver this by leveraging our data assets (covering more than 500 million consumers), market-leading revenue cycle technologies (five patents, three pending), and deep insights into consumer financial behavior, to help providers reduce uncompensated care and improve cash flow with one of the most patient-centric revenue cycle management systems (front- and back-end) on the market today.
How You’ll Contribute
- Take a leadership role in the overall definition and evolution of the technological and architectural vision for applicable Solutions.
- Collaboratively define major components and subsystems
- Participate in the definition of higher-level functional and non-functional requirements
- Validate technical assumptions and Analyze technical trade-offs
- Understand and promote effective solution deployment paradigms
- Plan and develop architectural runway in support of upcoming business features
- Supervise and promote built-in quality
- Participate in the hands-on coding of key architectural components in the early stages of Solution development.
- Educate, promote and align the organization to a common understanding of the architectural vision.
- Continuously monitor emerging technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Bridge the gap between business needs and technological solutions; demonstrate an ability to draw on both business and technical expertise; establish a high level of trust among both business and technical professionals.
- Key participant in technology planning activities from both a technical and financial perspective. Utilize cost/benefit analysis skills used when determining a proper architecture solution.
- Review architectural proposals from other areas for feasibility and make suggestions for improvement when necessary
- Optimize product development flow and embrace a Lean-Agile mindset
- Engage in frequent cross-discipline collaboration
- Build systems incrementally through fast, feedback-driven learning cycles
- Decentralize control and decision making when appropriate
What You’ll Bring:
- A Bachelor of Science in software design, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in product design or architecture in a software development setting.
- Detailed knowledge of the architecture of the systems which support more than one core business area. Demonstrates knowledge of how the core business areas’ applications and support systems are structured, how various components and parts interact, as well as what protocols and interfaces are used for communications and cooperation between modules and components.
- Participates in the overall planning and design of the specific core business systems. Able to train and educate others in the structure and components of systems architecture for those core business areas.
- Must have extensive knowledge or experience using various Microsoft and web development technologies including but not limited to: ASP.NET MVC, LINQ, HTML5, jQuery, WCF and SQL Server
- Requires expert-level knowledge and experience with Lean-Agile software development practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top