Software Engineer - Services Team
Senior Software Engineer - iovation
"We are a very client-centric organization. The client comes first in everything we do. That's why we hire smart, talented people with a passion for developing the best tools to stop fraudsters, while saving our clients time and money." - Greg Pierson, Sr. VP iovation
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A collaborative environment that values the pursuit of excellence, acting with integrity, being innovative, active participation, building partnerships and taking pride in the work being done.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive Java expertise with demonstrated experience with Java 8 features
- Demonstrated experience with the Spring framework, especially Spring Boot
- Demonstrated experience writing REST, SOAP, and JSON based services
- Strong command line skills and the ability to manage and administer services in a Linux environment (CentOS)
- Demonstrated experience with NoSQL databases, especially column-oriented stores like Cassandra
- Experience with Large scale, high volume, highly available applications
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Maven and Continuous Integration
- Writing Unit Tests with JUnit
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to work effectively within own department team and cross-departmentally
- Ability to meet inflexible project deadlines
- Detail orientation
- Ability to collaborate well with remote teammates
- Provide and Receive critical feedback with a collaborative attitude
- Strong ability to collaborate outside of the development team with other stakeholders in the organization
- Documenting and reviewing API and software designs in close collaboration with lead architects
- Strong ability to monitor and troubleshoot complex production systems
We'd love to see:
- Experience leading Agile development teams
- Experience using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical fields
- Experience with ActiveMQ or other messaging infrastructures
- Experience deploying services in a containerized environment using Docker
- Experience using Kubernetes or similar service orchestration technologies
- Experience with DevOps, software like Ansible or Puppet, Jenkins, RunDeck, and OpenStack
- Turning requirements into design, into living features
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues
- Writing Unit Tests with Mockito
Impact you'll make:
- Develop highly-available, horizontally scalable, RESTful services in Java to enhance our fraud system
- Collaborate with team members to develop a general understanding of our application landscape and deep dive where needed
- Interface with members of an agile development team in understanding requirements and expectations
- Work with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Use a collaborative and agile team approach to help develop high throughput, highly available, horizontally scalable services that contribute to our leading intelligent fraud prevention platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top