Shared Services Accounting Manager
Manager I - Shared Services
The Team's Focus
Corporate Shared Services provides global business services to TransUnion in the areas of payroll, finance, accounting, and real estate. Operating as a business within a business, the CSS team manages a network of internal and external service providers—with a focus on process improvement, efficiency, automation and customer service. CSS has played and continues to play a significant role in TransUnion's drive for operational excellence. Team members learn about diverse areas of the business and have the opportunity to develop new areas for expansion of the department's breadth and reach.
How You'll Contribute
- Manages the royalty relationship and acts as a primary contact for a highly-visible, complex royalty process both internally and externally
- Reviews and approves complex royalty calculations, journal entries, reporting and payments and ensures compliance with the royalty legal agreements.
- Identifies and drives implementation of improvements related to the company-wide royalty end-to-end processes.
- Responsible for the completion of the reconciliation processes and ensures timely resolution and explanation of variances.
- Manages, reviews and approves the Unbilled Jobs Review for royalties.
- Manages professionals and sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
- Ability to manage, develop, and motivate other associates
- 7 years experience in Accounting/Finance; Prior experience managing people or processes
- Advanced Accounting/Finance Degree
- Professional certifications (CPA, PMP) preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational & project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and break down complex processes
- Solid understanding and experience applying continuous improvement principles
- Ability to identify issues in a complex processes and develop solutions to rectify the issue
- Intermediate level financial systems knowledge (preferably Peoplesoft) and Excel skills
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top