Senior Windows Engineer
Windows Systems Engineer
"The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas - not technology." - Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we'll bring: (limit to 3-5 bullet points max)
• WORK ENVIRONMENT STATEMENT (never to change) - A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• BENEFIT STATEMENT (never to change) - Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• TU EXPERIENCE LINGO (never to change) - Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• AD HOC (how will this role elevate the candidate's career? - to be completed by manager)
• AD HOC (what significant work will this associate in this role complete? - to be completed by manager)
What We'd Love to see:
• 5+ years of strong Windows Server implementation, troubleshooting and support (2012, and 2016).
• 3+ years of IIS 7+ administration and configuration
• 2+ years of PowerShell/PowerCLI scripting and automation.
• 1+ years of VMware administration
• Microsoft Clustering and SQL Server
• SCCM Administration and software packaging
What We'd Like to see:
• Knowledge or experience using various Microsoft and web development technologies including but not limited to: MVC, WebForms, LINQ, HTML5, jQuery
• A DevOps- and Agile-focused mindset and perspective
• Knowledge of various .Net development tools and products
• Splunk searches and dashboards, SCOM monitoring tuning
• vRealize Orchestrator (VRO), vRealize Automation (VRA) or similar orchestration tool
• Desired State Configuration (DSC)
• VCP, MCITP, AWS, Azure certifications or equivalent experience
• General Linux understanding
Impact You'll Make:
• Management, Configuration and Maintenance of system hardware, software and associated infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and maintains system standards. Assist with installation and configuration of new or existing servers and systems as well as the execution of corporate security initiatives.
• Monitoring and Alerting of systems and the production environment to proactively ensure the availability and stability of systems and infrastructure. Identify possible solutions and collaborate across teams to strategize and implement solutions.
• Technical Support of the current Windows-based network infrastructure and provide assistance to administer the production systems. Use your analytical and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot complex problems and provide analysis on performance across systems utilizing multiple technologies. Collaborate with both internal and external IT resources for problem resolution. Take ownership of complex problems or business processes and see the implementation to completion.
• Continuous Improvement of environments and infrastructure. Contribute to technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and system management tools. Implement technology solutions to automate changes and processes across all environments and to increase system efficiency. Participate in architecture and design discussions to build customer-impacting solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top