Senior SQL DBA
How You'll Contribute:
- Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Works with management to develop database strategies to support company needs. Consults with and advises users on access to various databases. Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage. Directs maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary.
- Develops advanced program initiatives and guides their development into a final product or service that has impact within cross-functional teams within their department or across departments, or enterprise wide
- Proactively monitors application and database health and makes recommendations on maintenance, revisions, hardware, etc. that should be implemented to prevent future issues
- Responsible to be online and available to respond to production issues. Takes an active part in assisting in diagnosing and remediating customer service disruptions (Role will require on-call scheduling)
- Analysis/Design: Analyze moderately complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database.
- Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Documentation: Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (data flows, job flows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems.
- Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, internal customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
What You'll Bring:
- 7-10 years of database administration experience
- 5-7 years of SQL Server database experience
- Knowledgeable on SQL Server tuning, diagnostic, and monitoring techniques
- Experience with Foglight for SQL Server
- Advanced knowledge in Database design, table layout, and practices that enhance stability
- Experience with high availability, replication, and clustering
- Skilled in writing T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server's internal functionality
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with .NET application development and practices
- Experience with CI / CD processes with SQL Server
- Experience with Redgate's SQL Toolbelt
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top