Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Dynamics of the Role
The System Engineer in Test (SET) plays a crucial role within Quality Assurance. SETs have deep development experience and passionate about quality. A SETs primary goal is to enable Application Development and Quality effectiveness. SETs bridge the technical and non-technical teams in order to solve complex problems. SETS evaluate frameworks and build tools to support quality in the entire development process. SETs build test automation in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
The Team’s Focus
We have a diverse global enterprise IT Quality Assurance team supporting quality initiatives across all TransUnion lines of business including the support of International testing. The team is developing cutting edge software test methodologies and platforms to exceed high quality expectations and improve timing of our application lifecycle.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Build advanced automation test suites to exercise world class applications.
- Work closely with Application Development, Quality, and Business teams to build better test strategies and solutions.
- Work with Application Development to increase unit test coverage and overall code quality.
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster application delivery.
- Creation of tools and utilities to support quality.
- Implement code quality metrics to measure developer quality measurements.
- Build continuous integration components in order to increase test frequency.
- Travels as needed to support Quality teams
What You’ll Bring:
- 5 years of development experience including Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI).
- 3 years of hands-on experience implementing test automation
- 2 years of service virtualization desired
- Deep understanding of different automation architectures, tools and processes (eg. Selenium webdriver, Robot and/or Specflow frameworks a plus)
- Experience with Agile methodologies; experience in continuous integration a plus.
- Strong technical background in software development with a distinguished track record on implementing technically demanding projects; (database / data testing, working knowledge of .Net, Java, Ab Initio experience highly desired)
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- Solid understanding of scripting languages including any of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience in a technical IT environment
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top