Senior Sales Tax Analyst
- Chicago, IL
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
What You'll Bring:
- Advanced experience with Excel, Word, Vertex Q and O Series
- Ability to communicate effectively and promptly with customers, vendors, and taxing jurisdictions
- Expert with time management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced U.S. indirect tax compliance experience (sales, use, gross receipts, and property taxes)
- Theoretical knowledge of Value-Added and like kind tax
- Experience researching indirect tax laws and documenting results for non-tax associates
- Ability to multi-task and provide solutions to problems of diverse scope
- Previous experience working closely with outsourced service providers
- Previous experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience writing process documentation, the ability to easily learn new skills and/or systems
- Proactive mindset
- Desire to act as a resource and mentor less experienced peers
- 5-6 years of related experience
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90 days - learn the processes around customer invoicing, taxing, exemption certificate collection, indirect tax reporting, account reconciliation, etc. in order to effectively review tax charges and provide data to outsourced providers.
- Beyond 90 days - Manage and review work prepared by outsourced service providers, review Consumer's Use tax report, tax approval on new product and credit requests, document current processes including workflows and work instructions, maintain taxability matrices, identify process gaps, identify financial exposures, collaborate on process improvement opportunities and help implement, reconcile and monitor Indirect Tax General Ledger accounts, assist with tax jurisdiction audits, and assist with research and related internal documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Analyst, Tax
Back to top