Senior QA Engineer
Quality Engineer – Auto Insurance
At TransUnion, we believe in building great products using the latest modern technologies, including implementing many current open source frameworks. The Quote Exchange is a TransUnion product providing a modern SaaS solution for auto insurance companies to better monetize, expand and enhance their distribution networks. We have developed a marketing and quoting platform with connections to multiple carriers to match customers with products and increase the efficiency of P&C insurance sales for both consumers and insurance carriers. Quality Engineers are a critical and key component to our success. TransUnion is transforming itself with this innovative, insurance-oriented product and if you want to be a part of setting technical direction at a large data driven company then this is the place for you!
In this position, you will leverage your insurance and technical expertise to aid communications between system architects, business analysts, developers and partner insurance carriers on projects where you will perform research, analysis, design and execution of solutions to deliver a market leading, high quality insurance product that supports our account managers, partners and internal support staff.
You will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skills via direct exposure to challenging assignments, talented teammates and leading edge technology.
Dynamics of the Role
The Sr. Quality Engineer is a dynamic performer who can work in a multi-disciplinary functions relating to the health and quality of TransUnion software applications. This role is primarily responsible for leading the quality efforts within TransUnion’s Global Quality and Custom Software Development organization.
How You Will Contribute
- Translate XML or JSON data (ACORD or proprietary, by carrier) from our partner carriers to the Quote Exchange’s internal format.
- Works closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability, automatability, and to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Conduct viable test scenarios validating business and technical mappings between various partners and 3rd parties.
- Conducts in-sprint Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses strong Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in test approaches
- Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries
- Provides test consultation to Scrum team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test suites
- Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Logs defects and make recommendations to address defects
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Manage and guides offshore resources as needed
What You Will Bring
- Passion to build great application products and ability to support large scale distributed systems
- 2-5 years of experience in insurance required, preferably auto insurance
- 1 to 6 years of experience in various phases of testing, designing, and developing complex enterprise applications, including automation test development
- Should have hands on experience in Interface file formats and standards (e.g P&C ACORD, XML/XSD, web services)
- Experience in implementing insurance systems using rules engines
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle, specifically Agile/Scrum.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Effective Communication skills in high-paced environments
- Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions
- Ability to travel
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top