Senior QA Automation Engineer
Dynamics of the Role
The primary focus of this position is on technical testing. You will be responsible for conducting complex, cross-functional test processes for any application software systems the business unit is creating and/or changing. You will fully understand all concepts and applications of quality assurance testing, be able to perform all of the regular functions commonly required in quality assurance testing, and ensure all documentation of test results is thoroughly reported.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Healthcare, one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion. TransUnion offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care. In the payer market, TransUnion offers healthcare analytics and reporting solutions to help payers improve the overall health of their members. The implementation of these solutions is changing the way healthcare is delivered in America. As TransUnion’s fastest-growing business, we think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, bonuses, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for teaming with other automation engineers in maintaining and modifying an existing Selenium framework
- Mentor and train other QA associates
- Responsible for writing, monitoring, executing and evaluating application tests using industry standard automated testing tools such as SpecFlow
- Writing and executing manual tests
- Responsible for performance, load & stress testing of Web applications.
- Responsible for backend services testing utilizing manual and automated methods
- Responsible for maintaining automated test scripts to meet software release deliverables, project testing requirements and other quality assurance considerations.
- Knowledge of automation frameworks (Selenium using C#)
- Responsible for creating scripts to compare and validate data results from testing.
- Responsible for setting up data, tools, databases to support integrated test environments.
- Work with the team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the automated testing environments.
- Responsible for converting manual test plans to automated test scripts.
- Create and execute release and upgrade test plans.
- Coordinate rollout of automated environment application upgrades.
- Work closely with the team to ensure issues/defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain any of smoke, performance, functional, and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed.
- Provide automation support for service pack and release deployments.
- Troubleshoot defects and manage defect tracking and resolution processes so that a consistent, documented process is used and followed.
- Document any unexpected anomalies or defects identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate each.
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
What You Will Bring:
- Significant experience in technical systems testing, analytical techniques and a working knowledge of testing methodology and various software testing tools.
- Experience implementing and using test automation.
- Development/technical experience with Microsoft technologies (C# and VB Script)
- Experience with Visual Studio (2013 or 2015).
- Selenium experience.
- SpecFlow or Cucumber experience.
- Mentoring experience.
- Experience with load & stress testing.
- Collaboration skills to gather input and then experiment with available solutions to validate assumptions and feasibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present information within a public setting.
- A team oriented mind set.
- A flexible mindset and willingness to support a variety of projects.
- An enthusiastic, no excuses, can do attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top